Posted: Sep 26th 2010 1:56AM Whiney said

Hmm, I'm wondering if its good. It looks kinda interesting.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 1:37PM Shadanwolf said

Another Asian "hand me down".

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 2:07PM Pingles said

We have been "handed down" some pretty high quality games lately. I'm giving this one a shot.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:45PM Pingles said

That's right, this is the game that has a strategic combat (DOTA?) type of focus.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 2:21PM (Unverified) said

Wait, I get to ride a hippo?! All over that.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:28PM shocktheshammy said

Ok, have an initial problem with any game that demands that I turn off user family protection settings in order to play it. Just seems like bad voodoo to me.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:02PM Icemasta said

@Massively
You refused to cover League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, but you are covering Legendary Champions which is EXACTLY the same thing as those games?

I don't like the hypocrisy here.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 6:24PM Seraphina Brennan said

Butts,

I've personally logged into Legendary Champions, and I can confirm to you that it's quite the MMO. While it has battlegrounds similar to DotA or LoL or HoN, it still has an open, persistent world where thousands of players can play together, like WoW or LotRO or any other standard MMORPG. There are instances and raids as well, which put this game above a lobby only game like HoN or LoL.

~Sera

Posted: Sep 28th 2010 9:52PM (Unverified) said

Yep, you're wrong here Butts. Garbage though Legendary Champions is, it's definitely a "log into persistent world and kill 10 bears while other players run around" MMORPG. It is absolutely not a lobby game like LOL or HON: they're just trying to cash in on the popularity of those games by comparing LC's battlegrounds to those games.

Posted: Sep 28th 2010 5:35PM (Unverified) said

I know you always get flamed for judging a game quickly, but I have to say, based on half an hour's play, this is one of the poorest MMOs I have ever seen. Might have made a splash in 2002, it certainly won't today.

/uninstall

Posted: Sep 29th 2010 9:06AM Icemasta said

Then what about World of Tanks? They keep talking about it, yet it's a lobby game. Age of Empire online as well, it's a lobby game until you hit a combat map. While I'll agree that HoN isn't really close to be a mmo (no persistence outside of game), LoL gives you a level (1-30), a mastery tree that affects your gameplay and 30 rune slots that you can equip stuff in there that will affect your stats in game.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 5:53PM (Unverified) said

World of Tanks, I know nothing about.

LoL. it's got the "multiplayer online" part down, you could certainly argue that it has the "RPG" part down with its character development of your summoner. But not the "Massively". There's nothing massive about it. You never see any other players unless you're fighting them, and then only 5v5 at most. Love it dearly, but it's not an MMO.

Anyway, my only point was: Legendary Champions IS an MMO. The fact that they mentioned DOTA in their game description does not mean it is a lobby PvP game like DOTA. It is a bog-standard MMO, completely familiar to anyone who has played one in the last ten years.

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 9:18PM Icemasta said

Oh, I agree with your point, I've tested it out myself to be sure, and as you said, it's a pretty run-of-the-mill korean MMO.

My intention with this point was comparing what massively considers a mmo (AoE online, World of Tanks, eXteel(before it was cancelled)) to other games that are the same or better. Specifically, eXteel is exactly like all online "mmo"fps, World of Tanks is about the same, except with less depth in vehicle setup.