Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:39PM Kyoji said

Despite its admitted number of flaws, a friend and I re-subbed at 2.0 and rolled new characters. We just hit 23 and we find ourselves way behind the progression curve (this is a good thing; we're still doing lvl 19 and 20 quests) and absolutely swimming in Kinah, which makes work orders and buying rare mats for crafting much more tolerable. All in all we're having a good time. Time will tell if they did fix the xp grind into the 30's and onward, but if its anything like it has been so far they've done a lot to remedy the situation.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:51PM The Minn said

• 1 heart
bad grammar bad

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:04PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Bad grammer? is that all you can complain about? you trolls never cease to amaze me (shakes head).

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:14PM The Minn said

• 1 heart
Raysie. You deleted your original comment. And as for being a 'troll' I fail to see how my response is interpreted as being a troll. Whereas your, recent, response proves to be more of a troll post. Your original comment, where you spoke negative of this game is right away a troll comment. If you don't like a game don't post in the forums because that, right there, is a troll post.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 6:25PM Its Utakata stupid said

Um...whackanewbie, you can't delete your own post when it's posted, at least as far as I am aware of. Posts get deleted are likely done by the staff at Massively if they find the subject and/or contents of post offensive.

And it's still bad form to criticize ones' gramma or spelling, however tempting it is. Since you're not addressing the claim but rather attacking the writer instead. Which makes your position weak and makes you look like an asshat with nothing valuable to offer. Just saying...

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 10:44PM Its Utakata stupid said

...but what does that have to do with his grammar? I've witnessed many douche's with a commanding excellence of the English language. That's my whole point...go after the person for what they've claimed; don't go after who they are or how they've said it.

And just two more things before I leave this...

...I never claimed you where a troll, just being disingenuous. And since his original post was deleted, I can't tell you he was being a douche. But I'm not going to take your word for it either.

/thread

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:51PM Dblade said

I quit shortly after 1.9 released. Those kill quests gave good exp, but it didn't address how dull leveling actually was: kill like 25 enemies, turn it in, go out, kill more. Town break when cube was full. Attacking as a chanter was just running the same rotation of moves, and occasionaly one move in the chain would proc. It was worse than Champions Online, which in itself was shallow.

The ganking its good to hear it got nerfed. You lost nothing from ganks except kinah traveling back, but it got annoying to try and kill 25 enemies and manage to kill 3 before some assasin de-stealthed and put you in a stunlock.

Still, it was a soul-crushing grind. Fixed or not I wont be back.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 3:58PM The Minn said

I resubbed at 1.9 and I am now a level 36 cleric. As far as grinding goes I have yet to run into it. I have leveled just like other mmos: do quests, a particular instance a few times, craft, etc. so the game has definitely improved. Even made an alt ranger (which are hard to level until 16 I learned...) but, overall, I am enjoying this game and am happy with it.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:06PM SocksForYou said

What's the faction balance like on most servers now? Is there a decent give and take between Asmos and Elys or are most servers still Elyos-dominated?

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:14PM The Minn said

Most servers are 1 side dominated which is a con, obviously. It's hard with any pvp game to have balance unless, maybe, a 3rd faction is introduced. But, regardless...you can't win them all and I have always enjoyed being the underdog.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:46PM (Unverified) said

I can't speak for any other server than Israphel...and we are balanced atm. When I logged in last night it was 34/33/33% Elyos, Balaur, and Asmos respectively. For the most part forts seem to change back and forth on a fairly regular basis and the balance appears to be maintained plus or minus a few points.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:20PM (Unverified) said

I'm glad to see an honest review. It highlights both the flaws and the good changes to the game. While Aion wore out for me shortly after finishing my Miragent's, I still enjoyed the game 90% of the time.

No love lost with the management of the game, but that's a different story altogether.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:36PM hatori1181 said

so wait. If I want to play PvE only, it's now possible?

God that was the only thing keeping me from this game. I hate PvP, but love the world of Aion.

If this is really true, then I might have top pick up the expansion, and roll up a new character.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:49PM (Unverified) said

Unless you want to play in the Abyss ganking is mostly dead, so yeah you can spend your time on PvE content. I've seen one or two rifters lately, but they were easily dispatched:)

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 7:13PM Graill440 said

I posted a couple weeks ago about some friends that still play this tra.....title.

Rifting isnt dead they say, its just not easy anymore. My friends used to "farm" their "customers" daily, meaning they have maxed twink gold gear, never level to avoid getting locked out of portals or rifts or whatever they are called, and then gleefully slaughter their "customers" till they got 100 per day each, which was easy, as they serviced many over and over.

They can no longer do this, and they do not like it, but what can you do. I told them they were weakminded, they laughed and said they had to much time invested to walk away, i told them they were weakminded....wut? All good fun.

The new content looked ok, they showed me a couple instances that was added and i asked about solo play, they just laughed and ragged on me about my weak mind......I argued about the forced grouping, they countered with thats what an MMO is for, we all disagree on this. They like the kinah, the less cost of some things but from what i saw the grind is still there and the crafting is insanely ignorant, which my friends both agree to, hey! we agree on something...

I like the avatars, the graphics are good, the sound and music doesnt match the game, the grind looks like its still there and no they tried to get me to resub i stated that ship sailed.

So many bad mechanics still in that title. They did show me one email they recieved for some quest related problem, i thought i would share.....this was a two week old email they had. A small single line exerp, not out of context.

NCsoft]
"We are still trying to figure out what western players want and will strive to do so for the forseeable future"
NCsoft]

This really made me laugh........enjoy your title folks. (laugh)

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 9:37PM fauxcivility said

I resubbed about 4 days ago; rolled a new character and hit 18 today. It took me a month of (casual) play to get to 21... at which point my computer broke and I didn't renew.

Really enjoy the 600k+ kinah I've already amassed. My main has about 50k on him. That is a huuuuuuge difference :o

Right now though I've hit the area where you get coin quests and pretty much grind 18-21 which was terribly boring for me last time. So we'll see if my good impressions last :x

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 9:39PM fauxcivility said

ps- Any Elyos on Vai want to be friends? :D

;_;

Posted: Sep 25th 2010 3:53PM (Unverified) said

There is a repeatable solo instance now for level 18 to 22, Haramel (check the official Aion PowerWiki for complete details), which will give you tons of XP and some decent drops. I would suggest you get your gathering level up before doing it, as there are several things to gather while going through it. Be sure to read the guide first as there are some repeatable quests inside it too, but one quest is available at the fortress instead (Altgard / Verteron).