Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 6:15PM daras said

haha this is so coincidental, i just started my game development course!

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 6:49PM yeppers said

This is great news. 450 newhires means EVERYONE in Rhode Island and 3 stray cats will have a job. Woohoo!

I kid I kid!!

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 7:31PM Scuffles said

I don't find that joke funny, not one bit.

Those three stray cats happen to have advanced degrees in both game level design and game asset rendering/management.

you should be showing them some respect for their 1337 skillzorz.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 7:44PM (Unverified) said

RI has more people than, Wyoming, Vermont, North Dakota, Alaska, South Dakota, Delaware and Montana.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 6:57PM Joshua Przygocki said

Is there enough room in Rhode Island for 450 more jobs?

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 7:00PM Stormwaltz said

They'll be extremely fortunate if this generates a mere 200 new jobs.

38 is coming in with their own preexisting staff, and the largest single-title MMG companies I know of employ at most 300. Unless Copernicus gets WoW numbers - which is unlikely - they won't even need that many CS people.

I'm going to have to say that the folks in my old home state are getting taken to the cleaners on this one. But that's nothing new. Corruption is as natural in Rhody as quahogs and coffee milk.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 8:00PM Lateris said

I wonder if that is from stimulus money?

Posted: Sep 23rd 2010 10:34PM Valentina said

Well that probably covers a huge portion of their 2 games costs.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 4:05AM real65rcncom said

Well, I guess now that we've found out where they are going to be housed...

let's see if they can actually make some decent games.

I'm so tired of the "Curt Schilling this" and "We're gonna" and "Blah blah blah" that at this point, I really don't wanna hear anymore day to day from this company unless it's actually about some MMOs. (not RPGs)

Wake me in 3 years when they are done with their MMO, please.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 9:44AM Oarix said

"The move to RI will create 450 technology jobs at the outset. Recent projections estimate that 3 months after the release of the game itself, and depending on exactly how much the game will suck, approximately 439 of those will be lost."