Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:22AM Valdamar said

Zero interest whatsoever. Looks too cutesy and childish - catgirl elves, Lalafell, Chocobos - not my style at all - I just couldn't grit my teeth long enough to get past all that and try the game - there's about as much chance of me playing Hello Kitty Online as any FF game (i.e. zero). It's bad enough that GW2 has Asura, but I can try to overlook one "silly" race, but in FFXIV it looks like "the cute" is everywhere.

Yes I'm a miserable old crank :p

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:34AM Its Utakata stupid said

*Sends chibi love to Valdamar*

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:46AM Valdamar said

*flinches*
*shudders*
*reaches for bucket*

;)

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 2:57PM Harley Dude said

Haha same here.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:33AM Its Utakata stupid said

I wont be buying it until hear more than positive reviews from the playing masses. That will not guarantee that I would ever enjoy it...but it would be enough for to poke at it.

However, limiting me to single character slot unless I pay monthly for more (that's how I am understanding it) and game mechanics telling me how long I should play is a big "not buying this" for me. So those reviews have to be extremely "WoW killing" positive before I decide to pick it up.

The game does sound intriguing though immersion wise...I wish it the best of luck.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:34AM jpkustra said

Nope! If I need an MMO fix(which I do!) I'll just play LoTRO. I have no interest in paying for FFXIV since it was so horrible when i was able to play it for free. The best part about it was the CGI movies & trailers and I'll just watch those on teh Youtubez!

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:37AM werewood said

There is almost nothing special about this title compared to LotRo or EQ2, which are now f2p. Why spend so much money. And then regardless of how many hour I actually can play it, why on earth should I encourage a company who sets new types of restrictions? They should be "voted" out. Bottom line - seems a shallow game as most out there.
ToR could have been that real thing - but alas, I would hate standing as a rooted dog shooting things from afar, and not having any challenge with combat!
GW2 is that next thing I will buy ... while still giving a beta test in the future to Rift and Fallout-Online.
Just my 2cp.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:37AM Beau Hindman said

I'm buying the non-collectors edition. I'm in no hurry, but it is painful to listen to my friends brag about loading it!

Beau

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 12:03PM Demeter said

Not in a hurry here, either. But I am buying it next weekend.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:38AM Dandmcd said

Absolutely not buying, a month of beta was enough for me. If future patch notes reveal some changes to the control scheme (or allow us to make our own changes), add in more magic classes that are sorely missing, and more content is added, I might look again. The holidays are way too damn busy for a game like this however, and I'll already be playing the WoW expansion when that comes out for sure. Maybe next year when the PS3 version comes out I'll take another look, but my radar is locked on Rift, SWTOR and Guild Wars 2 for 2011.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:49AM Kcirrot said

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:43AM jpkustra said

Now I can't wait for that certain troller to get on here and argue with every "hater" about why their opinion is stupid. We're at around 53 comments now so we should have 75 or so as soon as they get on :p

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 9:44AM rgolch said

Given that I *HATE* the whole cutesie Japanese anime style, and have grown weary of the fantasy setting that too many MMO's seem to clung to, no way will I play this game. I'm sure it will have its following though.....

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 10:00AM (Unverified) said

I am not buying the game dear sir for I have already bought it.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 10:00AM DaBruuzer said

Not buying - ever. Was in beta, and truly feel this is one of the worst games I have ever played, and I HATE the art style.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 3:23PM Anatidae said

I don't normally love the eastern MMO art, but this one I thought was beautiful. It is also refreshing to see females in armor, clothing and even breast sizes that are plausible.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 10:07AM OxfordDon said

I really wanted to like this game, but after a week of open beta my wife and I cancelled our preorders. Very disappointed, so no, we won't be playing.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 10:08AM (Unverified) said

Haha... it's the overwhelming NOOOOOoo crowd out and about today. omg noooooo helllll nooooo .... noooo... no. ha!

Pre-ordered the SE, just couldn't see spending the extra money on the worst 8 days and a couple other random things you get with the CE, but very much looking forward to this one. I'm thinking it could be a "big" one, ya ya ya wow number big thing blah blah, the misinformation and nervousness about the game will fade as people learn more about what is really going on with it's various systems and realize it's a unique game made by a strong developer.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 10:10AM Arkanaloth said

Absolutely! Going out to get our CE's after work (mine and my wife's). I've been looking forward to it for a while. After this all that's left is for Anet to get GW2 out (preferably *AFTER* I acquire the title rank of "People Know Me" in GW1) and my MMO gaming will be pretty much set.