Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:13PM (Unverified) said

I feel your pain, best of luck next time.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:40PM (Unverified) said

cant wait to see if you get them....ill check back next year :P

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 8:37PM DarthDan said

You are crazy, dedicated, and dutifully persistent, MJ. Loved the "let their be pants" hyphenated title. Winnage +350

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 11:43PM Sishen said

Sucks you didn't get them on your first try. I was never lucky crafting in that game. Well I did proc my final armorsmithing craft the first time.
I never leveled passed 43 in Aion. I might not know the quest personally but It has hurt my kinah plenty. By giving or lending out millions of kinah to firends legion mates to get passed their Fenris pants.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 1:48AM Pitt said

Thats nothing, try doing the mastercrafter quest as a woodworker.

Trying to proc on that bloody bow, made me quit the game.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 10:46AM (Unverified) said

I really feel like this one quest is the worst designed quest in MMO history. It'd be one thing if it was just buggy or broken, but to have so much grind per attempt, so little ability to influence the outcome of each attempt, and no ceiling to prevent long-tails strikes me as absolutely punishing. And it's not even the last quest in the chain! There are other, better ways to keep gear rare.

I'd really love to hear an interview with one of the game devs regarding how they expected players to react to this. How many players did they expect to complete this quest? Did they design bloods to be so scarce and valuable? Did they expect miragent to be rare or common? Are the players even playing the way they expected?

I think detailed discussion of the design of this one quest could fill an entire article and really reveal a lot of the thinking of Aion's dev team regarding Aion as a whole.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 12:16PM (Unverified) said

I TOTALLY AGREEE PLZ LET US KNOW !

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM (Unverified) said

MEN im with you this is should be rly painfull, omg omg im crying ( lol ) na but seriously let us know when you will succed !

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 2:19PM Misterlee said

Thanks for that, I was thinking over the weekend about whether to start playing Aion again. This has reminded me.

One Shots: The sacred bosom dance