Posted: Sep 20th 2010 2:01PM Oskiee said

"Do you have what it takes to dual-wield pistols or slip past guards undetected? Maybe you just like to be a smart aleck to people in authority"

These 2 lines sold the class for me. I cannot wait for this game.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 2:13PM ScottishViking said

As for the Smuggler: I like the flavour here, but this preview is so brief and uninformative I really don't know what to say. What does it even mean that he has the "best ship"? Will some character skills supplement the ship mini-game?

I'm not sold yet. I can't shake my bad reaction to the character animations in the previews I've seen so far. They're not very good. Not very "next-gen."

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 6:16AM Bhima said

I'm a bit more optimistic about the game, but I TOTALLY agree with your opinion on the character animations. They feel very primitive and unfinished. The run animations look like the characters have sat on a lightsaber.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 2:21PM Dblade said

• 1 heart
I think that video had way too many ads.

1. 7 seconds for the Realm splash logo.
2. "Watch in HD" annotation
3. "watch the debut episode" annotation
4. Youtube ad.
5. 30 seconds at the end of the movie being another Realm ad.

As for the teaser? Eh. Smuggler looks silly dual-wielding.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:02PM Budukahn said

• 1 heart
Likewise, too many ads. Especially given that the advert really wasn't that thrilling.

It reminds me of having to watch a 5 minute commercial for Stargate Atlantis season One on my Stargate Atlantis Season One DVD's (never mind obligatory "You wouldn't steal a car" anti piracy rubbish)

It put me off buying any more of those DVD's, just as this advert is putting me off TOR trailers. Which means less excitement for the end game which ultimately may well translate into a lost sale.

Or to put it bluntly: Try harder next time please.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 2:39PM Lateris said

I really like the smuggler class with dual pistols. And I like the how the character looks.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 2:41PM Rayko said

Every smuggler in the galaxy has a wookiee side kick apparently. Han Solo was my hero as a kid but that is a little cheesy imo.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 3:37PM Anatidae said

Maybe Wookies are a slave race? Their overlords the "smugglers?"

Or maybe every smuggler hires a Wookie for warmth on those cold lonely nights hiding in a cargo hold?

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 3:03PM Critical Mass said

Is it just me or are the colors (particulary on the clothing) making it blend into everything else, making for a boring lifeless scene? :(

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 3:25PM Pagan said

I had no desire to play a Smuggler... until I saw this video. Is that a Wookie companion character I see? Incredible teaser trailer.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 3:50PM (Unverified) said

big player like bioware should get ingame movement animation right, its clunky, i hope this is addressed at launch... for what will be a 2011 game u don't expect it to look that stiff

other than that cant wait

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 4:26PM Darkmoone said

It still looks bad, big head and big feet. Clunky movement. Where was the smuggling? all i saw was gunfighting and assasination. Looks like a video to appeal to the moronic WoW fanbase.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 6:31PM RogueJedi86 said

And how many times did Han Solo smuggle in the movies? That's right, none, with possible except of one off-screen before the events of the movie. In the movies he mostly shot stormtroopers and got himself frozen in carbonite as a wall trophy. HAN SOLO IS A FRAUD.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 6:34PM Larry Everett said

Actually, he did smuggle Obi-Wan, Luke, and (ultimately) Leia past the Death Star. Other than that, yeah... he's a fraud. :-P

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:46PM DevilSei said

"and got himself frozen in carbonite as a wall trophy. HAN SOLO IS A FRAUD."

Count that too, he managed to smuggle himself through a good chunk of movie doing nothing more than posing. A mime would kill for that chance.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 4:48PM bate said

The more videos they release of this game the more I wanna play GuildWars 2 & TERA.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 6:02PM phobic99 said

No interest in TERA but I totally agree with you about Guild Wars 2. Granted we don't know much about either game but as a diehard Bioware fanboy, I'm looking forward to playing Guild Wars 2 a lot more.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 6:58PM Natasha said

SWTOR developers would do well to pay attention to what seems to be a recurring issue; namely, that of movement appearing to be less than fluid.

I am really looking forward to becoming a longtime subscriber of this game, assuming issues are addressed in a timely manner. Ideally, prior to release.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 10:30PM RogueJedi86 said

I love how you can tell us what TOR's entire game is like when it's in early game testing and at least 6 months from launch. Can you tell who wins the World Series next year too, since you have to be speaking from sometime after TOR's launch in 2011 to be speaking so boldly on what TOR has and doesn't have?

"Yes, please don't play SWTOR, is a online single player, don't have any endgame and the PVP sucks."

When did you play TOR's pvp, when did you get to experience its endgame? Since Alderaan's the only announced Warzone, can you tell us about some of the other pvp warzones? WoW's online single player too, you don't have to group to level to level cap at all, simply doing solo quests. How is TOR's any different in being single-player? BW already confirmed TOR will have endgame raids and pvp and stuff. Middle of last year a dev even mentioned how cool the Smuggler PvP set looks. Class-specific pvp gear is something even WoW doesn't do outside of arenas.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 10:34PM Canucklehead said