Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:02PM Greyjoy said

Would be interesting if you posted your PC Specs so that people have an idea of what to expect from those level of specifications

My main problem in the open beta was the game performance and I have what would be called a 'BEAST' of a PC

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:15PM Seraphina Brennan said

My compy:

Intel Core i7 930, Quad Core -- 2.8 gHz factory, currently set to 3.2 gHz overlocked.
Core is liquid cooled to prevent overheating.
6 gigs of RAM
Twin nVidia GTX 260s working in SLI, 4 gigs of video memory
1600x900 monitor resolution

With all of that, I can only achieve "high" graphics on FFXIV. The performance is good overall in that setting, as I can move about and get a decent framerate without too many spikes.

If you want an idea of what my graphics look like, check out the screenshots in the gallery, as they were taken on my machine under my usual settings.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 3:29AM Greyjoy said

Thats brilliant because my machine is near enough exactly the same spec as yours except my i7 920 is overclocked to 4ghz with a 1920x1200 monitor

Will be interesting to see what frame rate you get and what settings you use

Thanks for posting them btw

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:55PM Graill440 said

@Brennan

My dollar and two cents due to inflation,

Get a couple or three 480's in sli, (i have two), a GOOD mobo, and massive 1k watt power supply, and make sure your ram is very very fassssssst. Sounds like you have the rest of your puter pretty much done other than my couple of suggestions.

On max even with the cursed bugaboo stuff running in the background during 2&3 i rarely if ever saw any stuttering and then it was just into high pop areas and that disapeered quickly.

Sad to see you wasting your resources on this title though, GL.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 6:59PM (Unverified) said

You could even SLI 2x460/470's, grab some decent RAM upgrades and you'd be laughing. :)

I say 460/70 because they're cheaper. D:

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:17PM Tuza said

Before you SLI/crossfire GPUs together, double check to make sure FFXIV is supporting that, because last I checked, they weren't, yet, but would offer support later on. Ive heard on the forums of some people forcing it but that gave them worse results than just running off of one card.

I have 2 nvidia 9800gtx's in sli and yearn for the day i can really use them. /sigh

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 9:17PM Seraphina Brennan said

While I appreciate all of the suggestions, I'm sorry to say that I won't be upgrading my computer for a while. And by a while, I mean hopefully a year.

This is the stuff that was in my price range. If I could afford all of that other fancy stuff, I would have picked it up. Trust me on that. ^_^

Still though, I'll certainly keep all of this in mind for future additions to the system.

~Sera

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:08PM Cendres said

I'm 99% sure my box won't get here until next week so I'll be there, or try too! whoohoo

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:53PM (Unverified) said

What happens if you cant log on because you have to download a 6 gig patch?

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:04PM Suspiro said

cool

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:15PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I guess as long as people buy unfinished product, they'll continue to ship unfinished product.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:21PM Tuza said

They ship MMOs as finished product? What's with all the content patches then?

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:28PM (Unverified) said

Beta & benchmark not support sli or crossfire. Hopefully these solutions are available upon release.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:29PM (Unverified) said

*cough* meant to say... do not support...

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:36PM Darkmoone said

Nice, front row seats for the Trinity test, sign me up!.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 4:44AM (Unverified) said

Nice reference there, Mr. Oppenheimer :-)

Let's see how Death, the Destroyer of Worlds will treat the Squeenix faithful ...

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 7:43PM jpkustra said

I found some footage of the early access launch. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFptgQ8GA_U

I really hope that the people who buy the game enjoy it thoroughly and it meets all of their expectations. Have fun on launch day. That's usually the most fun I have in most MMOs.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 11:45PM JediPagan said

I'll be there on Wed. CE in hand. I guess I better figure out what server I'm rolling on. I was on Besaid in Beta which is supposedly the unofficial RP server. Is that still the case?

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 2:12PM Seraphina Brennan said

From what I know, that is still true. Besaid is the unofficial RP server of champions. :)

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 12:01PM Trippin said

noes that is 02.30 in the middle of the night here in europe! think ill just need to watch the rerun the next day :P

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM