Posted: Sep 20th 2010 9:53PM (Unverified) said

Snore. By the time this game comes out this game will be made irrelevant by Diablo 3.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 3:35AM (Unverified) said

Correction: By the times this is out, it will be made irrelevant by Torchlight MMORPG.

Since we all know that Diablocraft III is nothing else but a diablo clone, while the real legacy lies in torchlight :P

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 8:44PM NekoDaimyo said

"Unveils" for a given quantity of unveiling, right?

Though I'll admit I don't recall seeing the non-game art when Flagship was doing Mythos.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 10:27PM Ergonomic Cat said

It sounds a bit too much like Torchlight to me. I don't remember Mythos being Torchlightesque when I played it back in the Hellgate days, but maybe it was. Course, if it was first then Torchlight is Mythosesque....

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 12:12AM Haldurson said

Mythos Beta predated the Torchlight release -- no idea when the Totchlight beta was. But really, both are following in Diablo's footsteps (Torchlight is like Diablo-lite).

I really have not been following the game since the first beta closed down. For me, action rpgs like mythos and so on, are cool mindless fun for 15 minutes to a half-hour at a time, at most. Then I need to rest my eyes. I prefer slower-paced games, myself -- they don't cause me headaches as much as action games do.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 2:01AM Sorithal said

Why are they taking forever to put Mythos up for beta testing -_-

Seems like it's been in the alpha stage for way too long. I mean, it's not like Flagship gave them no code whatsoever to where they're starting from scratch. All of the stuff they're revealing is pretty easily known to anyone who was following Mythos previously >_>;

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 3:16AM Dranaerys said

Its sorta pathetic that in the time it will take Frogster to get Mythos Released, the guys who originally made it will have released 2 versions of Torchlight already.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 5:20AM (Unverified) said

Mythos still has an insanely in-depth crafting system going for it.. That's the one thing I personally miss about it.

I agree though -- they need to get this into CB asap or the hype train is going to run outta steam real fast.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 5:32AM wondersmith said

What next, Massively? The EverQuest Druid class reveal?

This is recycled "news" from years ago, when Flagship was running the show. Please, beloved Massively folks, don't encourage this kind of drivel by reporting on it. I'll be glad to see Mythos news here when its current developers can give us something new and substantive.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014