Posted: Sep 20th 2010 4:24PM Dril said

Meh, as much as I hate DarkFall's philosophy and PvP ideal at least its players and the game itself know what it is, who it caters to and what it can achieve, while sticking to a design vision.

The new fad is bashing WoW. Get with the times, man.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 4:25PM (Unverified) said

I'm very happy that Aventurine is moving forward and the game is supported enough for them to expand it as they are. I've had to take a break from all MMOs in the last 8 months but when I'm back to playing them again (next week), this will be one of the products I'll be resubbing too.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 4:43PM Rialle said

Darkfall is niche, but I think most of the people who play it know what they're in for when they sign up when it comes to the very brutal nature of the game. It isn't for most people.

After Aventurine gets this expansion rolling, I am very tempted to check out the trial. It's probably been... UO... since I've touched anything as Sandbox-ish as Darkfall.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:02PM The Minn said

Even though the community is the worst of any MMO it is always great to see smaller, indie, MMOs growing. Come on Fallen Earth I know you can do it!!

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:04PM (Unverified) said

I love Darkfall...

The issue for me is not that I'm unwilling to invest the time into it that it requires to become competitive (relatively) over the long term, but that I don't have enough time to play during each individual session.

If I didn't have a job and a girlfriend, I'd be all over Darkfall, but honestly it just requires a lot more time than I have. The need to prepare to do anything, then travel there, then (usually) have something gum up the works like pvp, an annoying sky flying dragon that shoots insta-death fireballs, etc. just doesn't leave enough time for me to 'accomplish' anything.

Sadly, I don't think the problem with Darkfall is that it's a bad game, it just isn't accessible for people that can't devote at least 1+ hours each play session.

(imo of course)

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:33PM SkuzBukit said

Good to see a game moving forward rather than backwards.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 5:23PM (Unverified) said

Skillcap = win!

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 10:45PM (Unverified) said

I don't like Darkfall, but I can't remember ever seeing a game which so many people thought was vaporware ending up not only released, but solid and growing. Good on them for doing something different and doing it, from my brief experience, pretty damn well.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 5:48AM Unverfied B said

Meh... I've been following DF development for a while before it's release, it seemed like it would be like a modern UO2... Sadly it wasn't.

I'm currently playing Wurm and that game (with all it's very long list of problems) is much closer to what i was expecting out of DF, much more than the game released under DF name :)

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 6:29AM Sethisto said

I had a blast on darkfall when I played it at release. It really did bring back that ultima feeling, and then some.

Sadly the population started to decline on the 2nd month, and by the third, the nightly raids on my humble little city were all but gone.

I had a good run, and will check it out in the future if they...advertise it.. or add it to steam or something. It really is all population based. If the game can't get more people there is nothing to do.

But I will have my memories. 2 massive guild alliances vs eachother was probably the most epic battle i've ever had in video games. seeing a thousand people all charging eachother with cannon balls and mana missiles buzzing over my head from every direction was just amazing. Besieging their city was 4 hours of all out adrenaline.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM