Posted: Sep 19th 2010 4:39PM (Unverified) said

Looks interesting. I am DLing it now, but it looks like the servers won't be open again until the open beta on Oct. 1st.

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 4:35AM DLemke said

Commenting to sign up for commenting.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 4:56PM Dblade said

Are there character-based stat differences? It might be that you just need a certain character with higher stats to defeat certain challenges, and the game assumes you earn or buy them by that level in the tutorial.

Game looks okay, but I can play Jet Set Radio Future or Mirror's Edge to get the PvE aspect with less overall cost. Not every game needs a multiplayer component or grind, especially if it might cause troubles like above.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 5:03PM benfolds said

Love your column Beau! I look forward to it! I was thinking that another look at Allods Online since a good 6 months has passed from the launch of the infamous cash shop. A new look at it would do good I think. From what I see, a lot has changed. The game looks SO good that it would be a shame for the cash shop debacle to make it just "another game."

Also, POTBS when it goes F2P, and definitely would like your take on Uncharted Waters. Open Beta is close I believe.

I know i'm gonna get lit up here by saying this. But if I were a game developer making a "F2P" game, I would advertise it as "Subscription Free." I think that would take away the F2P arguments.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 7:50PM Pingles said

As a devoted tester of Allods it pained me when I quit because of the cash shop issues ( not the first or second, the third one).

I can't bring myself to uninstall it and a few days ago jumped back in. I had forgotten how gorgeous it was.

Then I checked my backpack and found two cursed items. They were Quest rewards that were cursed and would require cash shop to remove the curse. You can't even vendor them!

I remembered why I quit and logged out. Still haven't uninstalled, though.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 6:25PM (Unverified) said

Looks like Jet Set Radio minus the skates. I loved JSR.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 8:26PM Tristik said

Just looking at the screen shots has me picturing a Jet Grind Radio MMO. :D Long live the dreamcast!

MMO Week in Review: ArcheAge has arrived

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: Has the industry revamp worked?

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 6:00PM