Posted: Sep 18th 2010 10:14AM Alarie said

I got an itch to play a bard. No new MMO's seem to want to make a bard class so I re-subbed to Everquest and I've been relearning the game but having a blast playing the bard again. It's a lot of fun.

If I could bring back a dead MMORPG I'm torn between AC2 and Tabula Rasa, but leaning more toward Tabula Rasa. I think maybe because I spent more time in it than AC2.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 10:20AM Carolina said

Have you tried LotRO's Ministrel class?

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 10:42AM kjhasdfjkhk said

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:12AM MewmewGrrl said

I'd bring back Tabula Rasa too, only with a Free to Pay model (mainly because that's how you get more players to get into the games these days).

I really liked how you actually fought for Forts against the NPC aliens with your fellow players. It was so cool to raid them, take them over, and then have a bunch of your own faction's NPCs in there to get quests and stuff from. It was really cool, I liked it a lot.

As for APB, if somebody doesn't buy it and put it up again, some day down the road there's a good chance that some fans will make their own emulated server and put up versions of it. Somebody has done that with the old game Earth & Beyond now even, so they're not always gone when they're gone!

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:57AM wjowski said

"Rift has a pure bard class that is all support and terrible at everything else, you should look into that!"

Are you sure they didn't just mistranslate 'bitch'?

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 5:53PM (Unverified) said

AC2 was awesome, if you just get over the 2 points.

1) There were alot of development issues.
2) It wasn't a sequel to AC.

I would absolutely love to see AC2 come back as a F2P game and I think it could be profitable that way.

Plus the AC family really needs something to bring it back so it isn't just another 1st gen MMO dieing a slow death from just being supported by hardcore fans.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 10:16AM Clinton O said

Well i guess im not playing APB

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 10:46AM angrymatt said

APB's servers are still up. There's about 46 people on Zombie right now. At least one of them is a goldseller (I guess he doesn't read the gaming news). The rest are probably griefers and trolls, or people sitting in an action district doing nothing but pontificating where RTW went wrong (as if the 46 people who are still logged in don't know that RTW did somethings wrong).

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 10:19AM Carolina said

Anxious for some events on the next week, so I'll try and make myself busy playing some Vindictus, LotRO and WoW! Oh and laundry should fit in there somewhere...

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 9:33PM (Unverified) said

Forgot about Vindictus this weekend. Guess i'll go dl it! Other than that, probably play a little WoW, which I am casually checking out again in preparation for the cataclysm. Haven't played for over a year.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:05AM Platypus Man said

TABULA RASA!!!!!! It wasn't perfect, but I loved it. And I want it back. I'd be willing to give my firstborn. Well, not my firstborn -- she does laundry and dishes. But the baby... yeah, the four year-old -- he's just taking up space. I'll trade him for TR! :P

Too bad about APB, though. I kinda wanted to try this out. Maybe the ray of hope will turn out to be a shining sun of certainty. Who knows?

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:26AM Belmondo said

Vindictus and LotRO for me.

I would bring back The Matrix since I never got a chance to play it.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:47AM Taawa said

WAR's Badlands server is mega-glitchy, so I'm rolling an alt elsewhere. I'm also trying POTBS and Fallen Earth.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:56AM Quarlo said

For me it would be pre CU SWG. In one stroke my bothan Creature Handler / Carbineer was history.

Jump to Lightspeed was the best expansion ever!

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 11:59AM Tazmanyak said

I'll spend my week-end hunting in World of Tanks, with maybe some Aion breaks.
No vindictus for me, now hopping for a fast European beta :)

If i could raise a dead MMo, it would certainly be Tabula Rasa too ...
But, not with NCsoft!

When companies close their servers, why dont they "just" realease the source code?
Or, lets say: they open the code, and offer community to run private servers and take game development on their own??

Beside that, i'm not sad for APB and realtimewords, they totally botched their game, graphic engine, net code ...
I just hope they'll survive this, and give us a great new game in a few months/years.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 12:55PM VioletArrows said

Finally got Vindictus and a beta report going, even though now I'm pissed off by the tutorial... and the fact there's only two classes and one race. *twitch* "It's only the beta, it's only the beta..."

Can't say I had any feelings one way or another for APB, wasn't my style. I can't think of any games I'd love to be resurrected either.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 1:13PM SkuzBukit said

I'll be steadily levelling up my characters in WoW (they're all
lowbies anyway).

Might dl Vindictus & see if it's IP locked or not (I'm in the EU).

Still mulling over whether to try LoTRO or not, still think it wont
appeal to me but I've got friends pestering me to give it a go.

If I could resurrect an old MMO, I'd probably bring back The Matrix Online, but a much better reiteration of the pre-existing game, I'd keep a lot of the mechanics, polish up the combat a lot & re-work the city & expand upon the environments including putting in some "real-world" gameplay & a much better crafting system.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 5:12PM Suplyndmnd said

This weekend will be school work mostly, then time filled with Recettear and WAR (Badland represent!) as i need to get my DoK to RR 50 soon.

If I could bring a game back it would be Tabula Rasa. I never played it but it seems I should have and would like to try it now.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 2:45PM Randomessa said

Vindictus is proving to be alarmingly addicting. At chez Randomessa we are obsessed with beating the Gnoll Chieftan this weekend.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 3:10PM Darkmoone said

You noobs didn't get into the beta for Tabula Rasa now you regret it. Don't worry the game was terrible. No end game, no pvp, no real customization, no quests and no real story. It was a half decent 3rd person shooter with perfectly square maps that had no continuity or connection with the other maps.

The only decet aspect of Tabula Rasa was how the NPC reinforced themselves, attacked and defended the scatterered bases around the map. Why grieve over this loss? i have no idea, because there's already a MMOFPS that gets next to zero coverage thats still going on after 7 years and that's Planetside.