Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:17PM (Unverified) said

"...Lua beta forums. I won't insult your obviously superior ability to read at an 8th grade level, but I will instead point you to the two most salient posts: here and here."

all three links here are leading to a 404 error page.

I've been loving buffbars - tried a couple others and they just haven't grabbed me yet. too clunky or buggy.

unfortunately the hotfix yesterday seems to have disabled/broken buffbars, at least for me. time to do some searching on the forums.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:42PM Brianna Royce said

Thanks for letting us know, scott! I think we're having some issues with the way those URLs are displayed in our blog tool. Let me see whether this one works better:

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:54PM (Unverified) said

Is there some kind of instrument-playing mod? I'm fairly new to the game so maybe I'm missing something. But I saw three people playing "Valley of the Damned" by Dragonforce while still chatting, and it sounded perfect. Maybe they are just that good ;)

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 2:21PM Anski said

LotRO has had the ability to play music in-game from a musical notation file type (.abc) for quite some time now. You either make or download the .abc file and use a command in-game to play it while you are in music mode, and you can feel free to talk away at the same time. You can also add a modifier to the command to sync playback with other members of your group, and start all characters playing at the same time.

As far as I know, http://www.thefatlute.com/ is the place to be for getting .abc files from people who have made them

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 2:23PM (Unverified) said

it's a regular feature in-game:

you download the files, equip an instrument - any bard sells the basic ones, you gain the ability to use them as passive skills and a minstrel can 'mentor' you as well, if the skill is unavailable - type /music and you're ready to go. you can play manually with the number keys, or /play [song title] to load the abc's and play those flawlessly.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 3:27PM aurickle said

It would be really nice, though, to see a plugin created that will list the ABC songs you've installed, select one and play it -- possibly with the option to sync with your party as well. Not a programmer myself, I don't know if the scripting system is even capable of doing that. But the biggest problem for me has always been simply remembering which songs I have installed and what the specific file names are for them.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Yes there is an addon for playing music. Check it here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info380-Songbook.html

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 3:37PM Xarnlen said

for these addons

addon manager

buff bars

create a hot button to load the manager

/shortcut 1 /plugins load manager

then move it to a hotbar you want it on

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 4:32PM jimr9999us said

Great column, thanks for focusing on an overlooked part of the recent LotRO changes...Buff Bars is making me seriously reconsider my sworn vow to never come within 10,000 yards of the game again :)

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 3:32PM (Unverified) said

Is there an add on similiar to Quest Helper for LOTRO?

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 4:16PM ziploxx said

I think you might mean a terrain map to go along with the ingame quest tracker and map. It would be great if it could show you the areas on the map that your character cannot traverse. I've spent many hours running to an area only to find it inaccesable from the point i ran to shown on the ingame map

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 6:48PM Sunaris said

are you serious? LOTRO has a built in quest tracker....

Posted: Sep 20th 2010 12:52PM (Unverified) said

After I type /plugins load manager
I get
Unable to load "manager".

What am I doing wrong xD

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 5:44PM (Unverified) said

Did you install the LUA library first?

None of the plugins will work unless you install the library first.

Posted: Sep 21st 2010 2:12PM (Unverified) said

Well i got the Plugin Manager to start up but when ever i try to start plugins i get failed to import package,,,Any help?

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 8:52AM (Unverified) said

Palantir is great, but on wide format screens, it is not centred around your toon's head!

Posted: Sep 30th 2010 12:39PM (Unverified) said

In that case, just go into UI Positioning mode (default ctrl+\) and move it to wherever you like. The next time you load it, it should be right where you left it :)

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny