Posted: Sep 17th 2010 8:47PM MattJG said

As soon as Global Agenda went to a no monthly subscription model, I bought it. I didn't start really playing it much until recently, and for what it is, it is very fun and well worth the $29.99 that it costs on Steam.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 9:43PM Zaetal said

I agree that this game is alot more worth it with no sub costs and just a box price. The "the features you like will soon be behind a subscription wall when we get around to it" thing didn't feel that great for what it was offering compared to other monthly subs. Wasn't very motivating to play.

Course I haven't gotten around to it in a while with all the other games I've been playing but its still on my hard drive at least lol.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 9:59PM (Unverified) said

Single purchase model = win. You have to wonder why more MMOs don't go with this model - I mean, look at Guild Wars, they're doing pretty good, right? Actually, that's kind of a real question, so if anyone knows how Guild Wars for with their buy-once-play-forever model, do share. Regardless, I like it.

And this game is great. The PvE is fun, though it does not seem to be the primary focus, and the PvP is exciting and very well executed. I don't think it's possible to acheive perfect balance, but whether this game is close to perfect or not is irrelevant: it's just plain *fun*. A rare trait in MMOs these days.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 10:03PM Stanzig said

I'm loving this game. Definately worth $30 and if you're not sure give the trial a shot and see what you think. The biggest gripe I usually see is there is no zone after the Sonaran Desert other than instances. They are working on a persistent warzone from what I've read. I've had a blast leveling through pvp missions and have done some pve instances and tons of raids. I haven't been geeked about a game in a long time and I really think for the money, Global Agenda can't currently be beat in entertainment value.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 11:26PM swarmofcats said

I love this game. New patch coming out very soon, too. Some planned features: saved skill/equipment setups (like GW does, quick switch), achievements(!), vanity items, auction house revamp, new loot rewards for AVA...

I'll stop playing once in awhile when something new comes around but nothing has held my interest long term like GA. One of the only really unique MMOs out there.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 11:39AM (Unverified) said

The first six months of Global Agenda... awe the memories. I remember the bad ol days of AvA were you where either losing to protocol or paying not to lose to protocol. It seemed that at one piont a single agency was going to kill ava and in turn global agenda (almost did you know what I mean if you ever played on soveriegn). On a positive note happy Hi- Rez managed to get there act together and morph GA into a succesful game.Kudos.

The Stream Team: Firefall's farewell