Posted: Sep 17th 2010 11:08AM paraLogiki said

BTW, it's 12 Euro for the folks over the pond, that's with the 70% discount BTW, at least on Steam.

And D2D mentions 30 day trial includes, same goes for Steam I suspect?

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 11:11AM paraLogiki said

Actually it seems to be $6/£6/€6 from Direct2Drive, but not Steam.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 12:47PM Luk said

Thanks but I'll wait until it cost $0 and even then I'll still probably will not play.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:18PM (Unverified) said

The game isn't as bad as people have led you to believe. It does have some problems and some really stupid design decisions (that show lack of thought in development), but it's a pretty decent game. It may get really hurt though with the release of DCUO.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 2:33PM Shaard said

I don't know if there's any copies left but play had it on sale for £1.99 a few weeks ago. I got 2 copies and played it for a few weeks as did my son (sadly never on-line at the same time bah) before we both moved on (loving LOCO atm btw).

Its NOT a bad game, what it is though is CoH with some ideas ripped from other games (notably warhammer on-line) and a really boring grind from about lvl 15. Seriously, half the problem with most MMOs now is they bring nothing new to the table apart from a reskin of the setting/theme. Pah, worth £1.99 though :)

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 3:46PM GeneralStobo said

For six bucks why not? The game looks fun. Six bucks its not bad for a month of play. I need some stuff to hold me off until TOR comes out. :)

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 4:09PM Chowley said

Buy it!
I was very skeptical about the game, but bought it a couple of weeks ago on sale from Play.com only €3 or so. Im very happy.
Approaching the level cap already but its a fantastic game. The lack of classes makes a huge difference, havent enjoyed an mmo so much since SWG. It can be very complex, but its also good for people who are quite casual players. You can have a real life and still enjoy an mmo woo! Ah no i love MMOs.

I think the overly critical reaction to the game has hung around since launch, undeservingly. Great game.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 6:07PM Psychotic Storm said

despite what the naysayers say its a good game.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 1:27PM XOR said

"despite what the naysayers say its a good game."

lol...it's a boring game at best, and after all the time & development that has past, it still feels unfinished.

Posted: Sep 18th 2010 10:48PM Arcadian said

A year old game going for $6 just a couple weeks after a FTP trial? Smacks of desperation to me.

This reeks of "testing the market for alternatives to the current pay model to see if the game is salvageable."

Demonflame's clearly not going to be out end of this month.

Nobody still has any idea what the next update is going to be after, either.

A grand total of none of these are good signs that CO will make it to 2011.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 12:17AM Majii said

Eh, six dollars for a month's play should hold me over until something better comes around. I've always been curious about the game. I will probably pick it up this week.

Swordsman launches today