Posted: Sep 17th 2010 12:06PM Controlled Chaos said

Hmm, not a bad looking trailer. I might have to check that out when it comes around. The world is devoid of good steampunk, I find, so maybe it'll offer something over here that hasn't been found much otherwise.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 12:44PM lizardbones said

This just seems like more of the same with (maybe) some different graphics. Literally, "Nothing to see here, move along".

Other than some potential steam punk themed art, I don't see anything that hasn't been done ad nauseum in the huge list of other MMO's and games that have been imported to the West.

Not saying it is going to be lame, but the odds are definitely against it being anything other than mediocre.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 2:29PM FritzFricia said

I just hope its going to be based on classes and each class being a specific bonus at end game than just everyone does everything because they has goggles.

Is this based in Edwardian? Victorian? where is it seeded? The questions NEEDED for a good steampunk to be developed, not "Oh I like abney park, and bought a watch with cogs... I KNOW i LOVE steampunk!"

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:31PM (Unverified) said

This doesn't really look like steampunk. Don't mistake "o hay thar iz gearz in thar" for something steampunk-related.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:58PM Dril said

I'm not sure. That ship in the image at the top screams steam punk to me, what with the huge open deck, metallic but not super-modern finish and what look like steam paddlers at the back.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:14PM Valentina said

I'd like a steampunk game, but we'll hate to wait and see...

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 1:30PM BubleFett said

This here's a .44 Argo, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, steampunk

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 2:42PM VioletArrows said

Aaaaaand you lost me at post-apocalyptic. *snorrrrr*

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 2:52PM (Unverified) said

Too much punk, not enough steam. This feels more like a futuristic apocalyptic Fallout 3 with way too much laser guns.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 3:49PM Tom in VA said

The game looked pretty cheesy to me, have to say.

I am extremely wary of games that have to be "westernized", and this one looks like it would need a LOT of westernization.

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 4:32PM Stormwaltz said

The trailer didn't live up to the promise of its description. Looks like a bog standard Korean MMG to me.

Posted: Sep 19th 2010 12:19AM Joshua Przygocki said

Skyship Weatherlight.

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM