Posted: Sep 16th 2010 9:09AM The Minn said

• 1 heart
I'm sorry but the picture makes EQII look like something completely different, like it has a sense of humor or what not, which really is not the case. Not a fan of it....

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:58PM MewmewGrrl said

That picture is a picture of Station Access page that has a Free Realms background. All the little pictures at the bottom are the games you get, it just happens that one of the games in the package (Free Realms) was the background in this picture. But it's about Station Access so it's okay.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 9:18AM (Unverified) said

The picture is from Free Realms.

Also, I;m not quite sure why this is news, since station access already included a normal EQ2 subscription.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 9:19AM krstew said

thats not EQII.. the main picture is of Free Realms...

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 9:26AM (Unverified) said

Station Access subscribers already have access to the REAL EQ2. Why the hell would they want to play the butchered EQ2EX version?

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 11:22AM Seffrid said

Exactly.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 7:18PM (Unverified) said

High-population servers? That's the reason a lot of people with access to "the REAL EQ2" paid $35 a pop to transfer characters over to the "butchered EQ2EX version."

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 11:19AM (Unverified) said

I wonder how many people subscribe to Station Access for reasons *other* than extra character slots for EQ2? Even then, buying and maintaining two accounts is still cheaper, if you are doing it for the extra slots plus you can two-box, but Heirloom items (shareable between all characters on the same account) can make it worth it.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 11:46AM Atnor said

As was mentioned above, I'm not sure why anyone who already has Station Access , or someone even who is considering adding SA, would be interested in eq2 extended when they will be hetting all of eq2 anyway.

I guess maybe there is something to do with expansion access or something, maybe?

Also, I was a little annoyed (ok, very annoyed) at the email I got about this from SOE. It was worded in the top headline to sound like I had a current station access subscription, which I don't. I found that to be pretty underhanded and deceptive.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 4:50PM origosis said

Ok I figured it out.

Station access gives you a 1 month sub to each of those games if you already own them.

So if you have not purchased EQ2 yet and you have station access you can play EQ2X GOLD, but you cannot play EQ2.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 1:03PM MewmewGrrl said

I would be. I *pay* to play Extended, I pay just as much as I would to be playing on a normal EQ2 server. The main reason is a new fresh population of players is going through the game on that server right now. Where the other servers are mostly all older, higher level players. This has a higher population of people around than any normal EQ2 server, and I play it to be playing a game that has other people.

That and I get to show off all my Station Cash purchased stuff in front of the freebie players *flex* (Semi joking but semi not! :P)

I'll probably get Station Access just because I currently pay for EQ2 Extended Gold membership, Free Realms, and Clone Wars Adventures, so I'll only pay like $4 more to get access to everything else (and I really do like the different world of Vanguard a lot, even tho it doesn't seem to get as much attention).

Anyway after I pay for that, I will still be playing on EQ2 Extended, because it is newer, fresher, and has a whole new population of people going through it.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 11:55AM origosis said

the 4 tier Chart Sony Provided always marked Gold as being included with Station Access. Back during EQ2X launch My friends and I already had Station Access, and we assumed the gold had not kicked in cause of some issues they were still working out.

So maybe they are not announcing that it is now included, maybe they are now announcing that they got it working?

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 11:57AM shiningfury said

There is no reason for EQ2X to be added to the Station Access when EQ2 is already included. EQ2 is the real game. EQ2X is just pure crap.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:59PM Xii said

I have a station access account, and I've had gold access since it went into its soft launch (at least I think so -- I've had all the classes).

Why would you want to play EQ2X instead of EQ2? One (maybe the only) reason is that there are more low level players than in EQ2, so there's more low-level grouping for dungeons and whatnot.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 3:13PM Bhagpuss said

"Why would you want to play EQ2X instead of EQ2?"

Because it's a different ruleset.

I've been playing EQ2 since beta, I have Station Access, but I made two new, account son EQ2X, one Silver, one Bronze, which I have been playing the heck out of. I agree there wouldn't be a lot of point playing EQ2X just on a Gold account if you already have EQ2 on SA; you might as well just roll a new character on Live.

Playing under the Bronze and Silver rulesets has refreshed the whole game for me. I haven't logged into Live since EQ2X began, in fact. I'm relishing the differences between the experiences of my characters on their three levels of account.