Posted: Sep 16th 2010 11:58AM Doc McFish said

I want this game to sell like 100,000 us units.
I want this game to run well on "high-middle-end" machines.
I want this game to give a 7/10/14/w/e day free trial so i can truely play the final product rather than buy it to find that it doesnt run well.
I want this game to be out right now!

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:32PM (Unverified) said

All of the above XD

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 4:24PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
well if you havent been in OB then you have not seen the massive improvements that it has made no the game wont run on a low computer but come on if you havent upgraded then its time too cuz alot of games coming out will need a high to med end comp. The game has come along way since closed beta, the UI is running alot smoother along with crafting etc. and all of the stuff SE mention that will be on in release date is goin to be awesome ! also NM's are back hell yea, UI will be waay better improved upon release ! Also for you to hope for a 14 day free trail that wont happen for a loooong time all that does is make it ALOT easier for RMT's to join the game and help with the transfer's of there dirty money skeem's to make them rich and to sell to all the dirty players that choose to buy their gil instead of actually working for it. Also the game actually makes you feel like you actually worked for something when making gear, almost like FFXI now to hope it feels the same when completing a quest like FFXI did only way to find that out is on release !. Also SE stated that they only release 10% of the game in OB they just wanted to test stuff and keep all the good stuff for release soo its still fresh, the game is goin to be fantastic I cant freaking wait !! next week is the 22nd and I of coarse got CE.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:31PM JohnD212 said

This game is looking so good. I think the key is to go into it with the expectations that it won't run perfect on Ultra high settings. What I do is set my settings really low and gradually over a few days increase things until I start to feel comfortable with how it looks and haven't had a major performance hit. If you start on Ultra high and start reducing settings it just makes it more painful.

I can't wait to craft in FF. I find their crafting is usually very rewarding. Next Wednesday can't come fast enough.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:32PM (Unverified) said

umm we have been able to make new charicters in Gridania scince open beta started

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:52PM Greyjoy said

I have like an i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
with 2x 260gtx graphics cards and 6gb of RAM and I still can't get this game to run well on good settings, still getting like 20-30fps in areas

Whats the secret to improving that, for example in Aion right at this minute I have an FPS of 120 in a crowded area

If someone could advise me that would be great, maybe I am missing something, or maybe a graphics post to help out

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 1:56PM Doc McFish said

I read this over on IGN, not too sure what kind of results it will yeild, but maybe worth reposting here.

Disable DEPTH OF FIELD and AMBIENT OCCLUSION for a significant performance boost.

But see, your comp's graphics "muscles" are considerably bigger than mine, and its discouraging to think that the point of entry is so high. Even if everyone interested would be willing to upgrade, the number of ppl who can is less, and even less for the undecideds, high sys reqs i fear will stop alot of people from trying.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 2:00PM Laren said

Is your Buffer set to "Double", or really, higher then just "Resolution"? That was my problem.

The buffer setting isn't what you think. Do a search for what it does on google. Anyways, if you want v-sync, use your ait or nvidia control panel to force it on. Leave buffer at 'resolution'.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 2:06PM mmark said

Also, on my system, when I switched the back buffer from "double" to "resolution" the speed of the UI quadrupled.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 4:38PM Blancmanche said

The graphics code in the Beta isn't optimized at all. For one, it doesn't utilize SLI by default; you need to set that manually in the Nvidea control panel. After I figured out to do that my FPS literally doubled. A lot of people even with higher end systems are having trouble, and after much tweaking and experimentation it appears that the problems lie with the game code and the video drivers. Here's hoping all these issues will be ironed out before release. Also, keep in mind the game is capped at 60 fps for the moment.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2010 3:58PM Prisemy said

I have almost the same machine.

Video Settings Tab

texture filtering: highest

Extra In-Game Settings
character shadows: on
dust effects: on
extended drawing: off
physics: on

The game looks stunning and runs smoothly for me. I used this guide to help me choose what settings to use.

I had to play with the setting for an hour logging in and out to see what effect each of the changes I made had on the game. Squeenix is really bent on driving away everyone except those who really really want to play their game. Any other game it takes maybe 5 minutes, if that, to optimize graphics. But it is pretty.

Global Chat: Through a monitor, darkly