Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:16PM Tobacco said

• 1 heart
Well now that they are going to nerf the cool down on guildleves greatly, are fixing the UI, will be moving to hardware mouse, confirmed PVP, confirmed that they were LIMITING US during beta, and the game will have CONTENT AT RELEASE, what could people really complain about more?

I laugh at those who did not have faith in SE. I also laugh at those who think a beta is set in stone.

Source: http://www.ffxivcore.com, from the SE pre-launch party.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:28PM (Unverified) said

What more? How about everything! You just seem a little too fanboyish to have a clear view on what's really going on.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:47PM (Unverified) said

Well, at least we know now that SE realized that ignoring their player base completely is a suicidal move.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 3:00PM chum said

I'm just as happy as anyone with the announced changes and am excited for launch but this is yesterday's news and a comment thread for a screenshot column. You don't need to bait people right from comment #1. The extreme outspoken views (on both sides) have been one of the less pleasurable aspects of following this game.

Back on topic - nice screenshot, made me log on and roll a Miqo'te :)

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 3:18PM Saker said

As rkim86 said

"Now lets see if they can actually back up what they said. Every developer says a lot of things to maintain that ripple in the crowd, and I have yet to see any that actually back up their claims to a satisfactory level."

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 4:42PM (Unverified) said

Aye, it's nothing more than words until the changes happen.

Though I really do hope they happen soon!

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:35PM fanguad said

I don't disagree that the graphics are amazing... but I don't see any chainmail in that photo. That's the standard miqo'te undershirt (cloth) and a pair of hempen trousers (also cloth).

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:40PM ttvp said

Agreed.

I love the graphics too but that chainmail comment makes no sense.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:35PM Tobacco said

• Half a heart
While I am a fanboy, I'm also not one that's quick to jump to the gun.

Everyone QQed, SE listened. I can't think of one thing that people complained about, other than fatigue, that they didn't fix.

Most of the community supports the fatigue.

Looks more like yous a trollllllll.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:50PM CCon99 said

Nah, having a differing opinion isn't trolling.

Trolling would be something more like this: "OMG QQ you don't don't share my opinion on having a MMO that offers me yiffing. QQ"

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 10:51PM Its Utakata stupid said

I could argue that most of WoW community supported using their Real ID to post on the WoW forums, Tobacco. But it doesn't mean a hill of beans if I have no source to back that claim up. /shrug

...and no, I agree with CCon99...you're not trolling. Just somewhat misinformed.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:39PM Vrazule said

I still don't see anything about being able to completely remap the keybaord to our tastes. UI revamp does not mean it will include mapability. Especially with the arrow keys, which is my preferred method of movement. Locking them into menu navigation irritates the hell out of me.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 2:58PM Tobacco said

• 1 heart
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am excited. Downvote me if you must, it was more of a joke calling him a troll.

I'm ready for XIV, I have high hopes, and I am a fanboy of the whole FF series.

I just wish people would understand that BETA is just that, a BETA and not a demo. Of course they won't have full content during BETA, I was under the impression they wanted to keep you around lvl 10 throughout the WHOLE BETA period.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 3:27PM (Unverified) said

I am excited about this game myself. I think this might be the game that settles me down and role play again. In the past most games for some odd reason I wanted to level, level and level some more and not play. Hopefully I will find some like minded players that want to do other things than just get to max level ASAP.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 3:35PM (Unverified) said

Need more catgirls and less elves in mmos!

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 4:02PM Joshua Przygocki said

I'll keep my elves.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 4:40PM CCon99 said

Elves are just emo and whiny, catgirl's are just nasty and gross.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 5:28PM (Unverified) said

i think its just a joke on the fact that in a rpg shes not wearing armor and they did it in a *whistle whistle*kind of way

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 11:00PM Its Utakata stupid said

Speaking of which...

...nice troll there Krystalle. I think I'll put up there with Abriael who thinks there's a FFXIV hater hiding out under every bush. Or in at least in order to fan flames, remind us there's such out there to get heavy commentating traffic on what normally should be a quiet feature.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 11:52PM Rialle said

In regards to the people saying that FFXIV is BETA and thus we shouldn't judge it based on what is currently there: This game is in OPEN beta, and will be shipping at the end of this month. Even if SE is locking content away that exists, by this stage in the game there are going to be few changes to the core mechanics of the game. You're basically playing a demo at this point.

I really wanted to like this game, especially since SE's initial descriptions made it seem like it was going to be far more sandbox-ish than it ended up being. It became very clear once closed beta was under way that SE is still stuck in a design philosophy that reeks of 1997. The graphics are pretty, but everything else seems to be archaic.

If they can make the game actually start controlling like a PC MMO from 2010, then I might actually take a look at the game again. And the PS3 version is no excuse for the ass-backwards control schemes and menus. It is possible for PS3 games to support mouse and keyboard control.
| 1 | 2 |

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM