Posted: Sep 15th 2010 7:24PM Temploiter said

"...so the game is seamlessly integrated with the TV series," says SOE president John Smedley.

Well if HE said it then it MUST be true.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 8:33PM Lateris said

• 1 heart
Is this available on the PS3?

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 10:36PM (Unverified) said

@Lateris: As far as I know, it is not. Though, given SOE's commitment to bringing alot of thier larger MMOs to the console, i.e. DCUO and The Agency, there's a good chance the game might get ported if it brings them in a good deal of revenue. There's a rumor they've been working to bring over Free Realms, so...

But, in anycase, as much as I want to jump into this (the Beta was outstanding) I'm going to wait for 'em to iron out a few small kinks and let the populations even out. Given that the new Season of TCW starts this week, the game is likely to get filled to bursting. So, once things mellow some, and some patches get added, this will be a great way to kill an hour or so now and again. It's no Huge MMO, but the games are a freaking blast, and the item store options are pretty damn cool and not all that expensive. You can even earn credits for buying store items through the mini-games, so it's a win/win.

Hope everyone at least gives the game a try before jumping on the Hater Wagon; and if you supposedly *have* tried the game and didn't like it, that's fine. Just don't highlight how little you have in your life by flamming *every* Article here on Massively about how them much the game "Sux." It's not going to be eveyone's Cup 'O Tea; but, for what it offers, it does a pretty damn good job whether you're a Young SW fan or someone who's been around since '77.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 8:57AM (Unverified) said

I started CWA last night, and I've been on it around three times. I'm... I'm sort of torn about it. I agree that it's a great little game that's not huge, but I've put maybe 6-7hrs into it (at the very most, it's likely closer to 5) and it feels like I've done everything outside of the membership. Looked at what you get for a membership and whilst it's a very small fee, it still seems a bit cheeky.

I can't help but compare it to Free Realms which I feel is a vastly superior game. There's more to do, the graphics are better, you can wander around a lot more and so on. CWA is fine, sure, but it could be so much better. Well, I hope they improve it over time!

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 1:03PM SFGamer69 said

I'm sorry, but I can't believe how they are attempting to market this. This "game" looks like it's supposed to be some sort of mmo, but in actuality, it is very far from it. I played, along with my son through the open beta, and what this amounted to was a waiting lobby where you could do some limited chat, before choosing to play one of many different flash type mini-games.

that commercial shows it as some full 3d world where you can adventure, but that is a blatantly misleading advertisement. It's simply a cash shop loaded with "costumes" you can purchase. And you mentioned earning some with coin... you can only earn a very few of the most generic stuff, after that it will require station cash or a paid monthly membership to acquire anything else. And dont let that membership lapse, otherwise you will lose access to those items if you do.

There is absolutely NO Story, NO questing, NO leveling of any kind. there are a few lobby areas you can move around in to access different games (the same games you can access from the pop up list). It really amounts to paying to play dress up with your virtual doll. They could have done something free realms like or even wizard101... but they opted to basically make pogo.com with a Star Wars look. Oh well.. I recommend anyone even remotely thinking about it try the free one.. (waste of money to go buy a box for this, when it's a small download for this browser based game...go figure).

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:14PM (Unverified) said

LOL

I was trying to sign up today and I used my first and last name as my user name. I got an error "Your account name can't have bad words in it! :("

Looks like the first 5 letters of my last name translate to bitch in French.

They may want to work on that.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 12:52PM Ripper McGee said

It's a great little "time waster" game. I'd love to see it instantiated in facebook!

~Ripper

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 1:57PM Lateris said

My son who is now 6 played it last night with me and we had a great time. The game is great for kids. And as an adult I enjoyed myself playing a game with my son. At his age he has no need to pay that 5.99 for more content. And I kinda like that. So take the game with a grain of salt and enjoy it with family.

Posted: Sep 24th 2010 8:01PM (Unverified) said

Oooh. I forgot this was coming.