Posted: Sep 14th 2010 9:45AM AlluvianEstEndrati said

It's kind of a shame that this level of improvement is still needed this long after release. The problem of the pets for the Magus & Engineer was known while still in Beta, and readily apparent to many at launch. Hard to know if this will help fix the Magus, but that career has been broken for a very long time.

A shame more attempts to fix these problems were not made back when I was still a subscriber. Not likely to go back to WAR to see if there are any improvements barring some major news to my liking.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 3:20PM (Unverified) said

Show me any MMO anywhere that is not in a constant state of evolution and I might agree with you. Nerfing or buffing a single (mirror) class is very tricky. If you go too far in either direction you can completely mess up the entire playing feild. I would always prefer an MMO developer to make small incremental changes as opposed to large sweepeing changes.

PS. Now we wait on Deadalon to tell us how bad WAR is this is yet another reason the game sucks...............

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 3:21PM (Unverified) said

I'm sure you mean it's a shame this specific problem was fixed when you were subscribing. Alluding to the fact that "these problems" were not fixed simply isn't factual. All they've been doing since launch is fixing things, and depending on how long you've been gone, it's possible WAR could be entirely different that whatever you experienced.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 12:22PM Vrazule said

The magus will never be fixed as long as they insist that a ranged class be forced to get way to close to melee in order to execute the majority of their skills. I have never seen a more assanine design of a class in my life. The engineer has it's issues, but it's way ahead in the game when it comes to being a range classs.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 2:05PM NeverDeath said

Agreed. Just like how in WoW, it took them 2 years to fix 50% of the specs in the game into being actually viable lol. At least in WAR though, to their credit, much more than 50% of their specs are just fine. I'd say about 80% or so.

If you like PvP, and by PvP I mean epic group battles, and if you like the idea of siege warfare, WAR has certainly had its problems and still does BUT, it is in a better state than it has ever been, and it continues to make smarter development choices that would surprise players who were around for the first year after launch. Every MMO has issues, Warhammer is no exception - but for any PvP enthusiast, it's the best PvP MMO on the market atm, at least until games like TERA come out (and we'll just have to wait and see, even then), and with so many of the gripes I've had with the game being fixed or at least looked at by the devs in recent times, it's where I'm going to be staying.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 11:29AM Seffrid said

The game has undoubtedly come on a long way since launch, as sadly so many modern MMO's have needed to, but of course that is only ever really appreciated by those who are actively playing the game rather than by those who only comment on it from the false perspective of a disappointing launch.

From my mainly PvE/Scenario playstyle there isn't enough in the game to keep me playing it all the time, but I do enjoy dipping in and out of it and always notice improvements whenever I go back to it. I'm glad that it's still being worked on enthusiastically.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 11:51AM madbassman39 said

I hope Warhammer Online can get fixed and be successful. Why? Because I love the setting, the art style, the graphics, and the PvP. I'm into sandbox(ish) style games, but I can get into games that aren't too sandbox-y (see GW, one of my fav. online games). I want to come back to this game, I play the free trial occasionally (less so now that my desktop died on me, and I run the game on my laptop and probably running at something around 20 frames per second along with the lowest graphics setting), and I enjoy it, just not enough to pay a sub for it. I'm really rooting for Mythic and this game, I hoped it would be my WoW (didn't really get into WoW, had a lot of fun but only got my bloodelf hunter to 32, but after that lost interest) and it surely was not. Me and three friends bought it the week it came out, hopped in and had a blast, until we got to tier 2, then we just stopped.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 12:45PM J Brad Hicks said

Overdue ... except for one concern I'd have about buffing turrets. Unless they've fixed the bug in question? Do turrets still shoot through walls, through floors, through hills?

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 2:13PM NeverDeath said

Not through walls, and not through floors. Through hills, I'm not sure, I think only if its cast finishes a short time after, it'll get them. As with any ranged ability in the game however, so it's not really an issue. Engi/Magus pets have needed this for a long time; It's their class mechanic, it needs to be formidable instead of just 'okay'. I am kind of surprised that it took Massively a couple days to post this news, they posted some days ago about buffing the pets on the official WAR forums. Another thing Eliot Lefebvre neglected to mention was that they are also changing the damage type of the different Daemons/Turrets to NON-physical for their standard attacks. For example, the Flamer will do spirit damage, the Pink and Blue horrors Elemental, etc.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 1:41PM (Unverified) said

As an interesting side-effect of EQ2 and LotRO going F2P, I was able to renew my subscription to WAR. (I don't mind paying one monthly sub, but I refuse to pay multiple ones.)

They HAVE done a lot of work on that game, haven't they? =)

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 2:05PM NeverDeath said

Definitely. I'm actually astonished by how much better it is in nearly every respect than it was the last time I unsubbed. I've played since beta, but have quit and returned a few times in disappointment. Don't think I'll be quitting for quite some time, this time.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 4:18PM hami83 said

Best PvP (RvR) in any MMO. Yeah it has issues, but it's a great game.

Still wish they built the other 4 cities though.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014