Posted: Sep 14th 2010 8:17PM Birk said

Does anyone still play this game? Not being condescending or anything, just a genuine curiosity. I never heard much about PoTBS even at launch, and now to hear its coming out with an xpac I'm genuinely intrigued.

-Birk

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 8:36PM Graill440 said

This game is a prime example of people speaking with their wallets. I really doubt this title will see next year.

Posted: Sep 15th 2010 6:14AM (Unverified) said

It was awesome at launch but failed to progress. It's taken them 2 years to bring out an expansion pack, when really lots of features needed filling out way before then.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 9:25PM (Unverified) said

PotBS is still a very good game, with a dwindling community. If you like a more strategic game about RvR, then you'll probably enjoy it. I don't know why there aren't more people, honestly.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 9:38PM alucard3000 said

Oh noes the keyboard doom-n-gloom prophets strike again, funny I just finished the 14 day free trial and seen plenty of people in the game.It was pretty fun the graphics are good especially the ship detail and the ship combat, the land/melee combat could be better but it wasnt too bad I found it enjoyable anyways.
I just got the new boxed game and a 30 day timecard fairly inexpensive on ebay(of which you can find pretty much any game inexpensive there) and am glad I waited to open it til the expac comes out.I will probably do my usual tour of middle-earth now that it is freemium til I get bored and then jump back on my pirate to check out the expac.Cheers =)!

Posted: Sep 17th 2010 3:50AM (Unverified) said

How does Pirates of the Burning Sea get an entire expansion, when Vanguard hasn't even had a hotfix since January. Seriously.

We're looking at the possibility that Vanguard will not have so much as ONE PATCH for an entire year. I will be surprised if they hotfix something before December.

Sony really throws me through a loop sometimes.

Swordsman launches today