Posted: Sep 13th 2010 3:37PM (Unverified) said

You might have squealed in surprise and delight, I nearly vomited at the Nintendogs meets My Little Pony cuteness of it all.

I'm an assassin, I want a vicious crow or a weasel. NOT a bloody toy donkey with wings!

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 7:00PM PaterFrog said

That sounds funny. Get yourself some carrot daggers and you fit right in.

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 4:03PM The Minn said

I am, currently, in Haramel right now and I must say I really like the idea of solo instances. I am definitely digging the atmosphere and the music of Haramel right now =)

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 5:04PM SocksForYou said

Did they ever do anything about the leveling pace (compared to how it was at launch)?

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 5:07PM Georgio said

To little , far to late. Aion already is a done deal. A game with great potential buried by bad design decisions and lack of support.

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 7:02PM PaterFrog said

I agree.

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 8:09PM (Unverified) said

I agree as well. Aion is a prime example of a good idea destroyed by horrible implementation. The servers have been bleeding players for months; the gankfest, unfair PvP is being addressed far, far too late to salvage this game. From what I have read, it is all but dead in Europe. Good riddance to a poor excuse for an MMO, anyway. Does anybody think that a raiding guild in WoW would have put up with killing Illidan, and then not having any loot drop at all?

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 5:16PM Laren said

Resubbed last night..

The biggest and best change was that rifting was nerfed to the ground. No more rangers waiting in the shadows to gank you every 15 minutes! So happy. Now I get to try the rest of the game (post 30).

Posted: Nov 27th 2010 11:56PM KorbenDallas said

nerfed rifting and solo instances, minimization of organic player-centric game-play. why is this game $15/month?

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 5:55PM Graill440 said

I saw your twink ragequit post on the aion forums.........welcome to Massively traveler! (grin)

I dont play your game btw so what comeback will you utilize? (anticipation with a touch of trollness)

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 2:33AM Nhoj1983 said

The too little too late comments are way off... the old content was getting a bit stale but this expansion really has me beleaving again. It's much bigger than I first suspected... lots of gold piece rewards for doing quests in instances(gotten through a medal system), a HUGE increase in kinah rewards as well as xp. Leveling is VERY easy now and the servers are healthily busy. This is but the beginning. While I don't expect aion to immideately turn it's reputation around. It's a start.

All mmos given time and money to develop(something Aion definitely has considering it's huge success in Asia and definite profitability in the west) improve with time. There never really was anything "wrong" with aion's base game. It just felt a bit skimpy at places. While there are some definite grinds (Miragent/Fenril) there are other "options" to get good gear.. not "as" good but good now.

So yeah I'm enthused... a lot more enthused about this than FFXIV atm.(which also has promise... I just know that that promise will take time to arrive) Which surprised me. It makes me wonder what the game's going to be like a year from now. Exciting stuff. If I were to rate the game prior to 2.0 it would have probably run a passable score of 7.0. Now? 7.8 with the expectation that further updates will bump it over 8.0. The beefed up end game and smoothed leveling curve helped that much.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 7:01AM Dblade said

It wont change how dull the basic gameplay is, or the lack of enemy variety, or how braindead the instances were. It sounds like they nerfed a lot of the features which made it outright intolerable, but even before then the game never was that compelling.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 3:40AM Unverfied B said

Did they do something about the horrible grind? not the funny 2% xp changes but rather like adding 10x quests or dropping the required XP post level 20 by a factor of 10?

If no - not interested.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 9:31AM Laren said

Yes. The leveling up grind has been addressed:

1. All quests show up on your map. There are so many, you won't be able to do them all.

2. If you like hunting, there are some really fun repeatable quests that give a lot of xp.

3. Solo instances at level 18, and another at 38 (or so). Neat little way to help move you along your way to 55.

4. And finally, the XP for quests has gone up enough for them to be worth doing.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 9:47AM Averice said

Nice, I'd probably get back into this if my system could run it better. It ran okay when it first came out and I got it, but not smooth enough for me to resub really, but that's a fault on my end.

I don't really understand why it is called a "free expansion" by Massively though. It's just a patch. You pay for an expansion. Patches are part of the sub. The definition "free expansion" in an MMO context doesn't even make any logical sense unless it used to be a paid-for-expansion that is suddenly no longer being charged for.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 12:54PM Dblade said

Patches generally aren't supposed to introduce new content, but be balancing passes or done to fix issues. Hence the name, patch. Expansions expand the core gameplay, and can be free or paid. Updates often combine the two, which is where the semantic drift came from.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 1:57PM Georgio said

You are wrong. In all the other MMOs there is the concept of content patch. 2.0 is a simple content patch, more like a small content patch compared with content patches from WOW, STO, LOTR, Warhammer etc.
An expansion is a totally different breed and 2.0 is called expansion only for PR reasons.