Posted: Sep 13th 2010 8:35PM pcgneurotic said

Nice. EQ and AO are like the Queen and Prince Philip of online gaming.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 1:20AM Runewastaken said

Ahhh yes EQ my very first MMO. No matter what game has come out, I have never been able to experience the feeling I got from playing EQ the first time. I even remember reading about the races in a gaming magazine, saying that the Ogres were "dumb as a mac truck."

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 8:42PM Scuffles said

Wait .... so you can merge any number of accounts into a master account .... with the option of moving characters between the sub accounts for a nominal fee ?

Sorry I'm just trying to work out exactly how thats any different than having separate accounts. Unless players are only being charged for keeping the one account active?

But then moving characters seems sorta mute .... if its only between accounts that have been merged ? full of sound and fury; signifying nothing? Saving database resources? help me out here cause I'm just not getting it :(

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 10:09PM (Unverified) said

The reasons you'd want two accounts linked is that all the pre-order items and veteran points from the main account, including all the expansions are transferred to the second account, effectively cutting the price of this second account by about 75%. Its starts with 60 days game time too.

Not just that, but all your new characters can benefit by having your main run around and pocket heal or tank for them while they level up, which makes the absolute grind, or questing in AO go by quicker.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 2:42AM (Unverified) said

And, when your "master" account get hacked, ALL of your accounts get hacked.

No thanks, separate accounts are the best bet.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 1:18AM Runewastaken said

Wow, I really didn't think this game was still going on. It has been a long time since I have heard anything on it.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 2:17AM (Unverified) said

Wonder what happened to the new shiny engine Anarchy Online was supposed to get.

Guess it got scrapped.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 3:42AM mattward1979 said

Merged accounts = no multiboxing.

I dont see the upside there....

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 5:22AM (Unverified) said

Yeah maybe its for people who want there active characters on one account so that don't have to pay for 2 but yeah if you have some accounts just for buffs and other things best leave them separate. This is how i understand it if i am wrong some one please correct me. This is kinda gay news i was expecting some thing better, get me all excited for nothing.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 7:40AM (Unverified) said

You guys are reading it wrong.

When you merge accounts all your accounts are merged for billing ONLY.

Every account you have, Login and Password stays independent. You can just bill them all with the same CC without having to edit Info on every single account via the billing portal.

I have 4 accounts merged and I Four-Log AO every day. >.<

PS: If you really think you're gonna get "hacked" you are doing something wrong. Billing logins and passwords are kept independent of Game logins and passwords. Torrenting all that pr0n from TPB is whats getting you hacked, not merging your billing accounts with one website.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 1:00PM (Unverified) said

Wasn't the graphics update announced like years ago? Do they have just one guy working on it?! Seriously if they would shift some resources from their epic booby saga to the one game they made that is actually interesting they would likely get a nice kick in the revenue. It amazes me really that more of the classic MMO's don't simply upgrade their graphics (although I realize a daunting task...) instead of reinventing the wheel and having it end up a hexagon. There are at least 3 games I can think of that would be superior to most the wow-re-skinned crap we have out there right now if they would only modernize the graphics engine and LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE hehe
anarchy online