Posted: Sep 11th 2010 6:46PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
Mythic took on the job of presenting WARHAMMER world to the MMO comunity. They failed in doing that. Warhammer should not be only about one aspect of the game.

Lets get to the nitty gritty of things shall we. Comunity ? What server? Wich faction ? Get it ? If not then lets explain... comunity is based on servers. PVP is based on winning. So... You win... You are in a good comunity.. You loose... and you are gone.... Now... lets put that into the RVR world and see where the fundemetals of the game fall on their arse and leave one faction dominating each sever - with the so called good comunity. The other faction... has gone to the server where they can be winners.

Now... This leaves RVR and PVP so fundementally flawed that it leaves the word of WARHAMMER in ruins.

But if ppl are willing to pay for 3-4 hour PVP per week.. then so be it. Those same ppl have probably not been into the latest co-op FPS lately and seen how things have changed in the past 10 years. I suggest those ppl should try few of those games and realise how much of a technical disaster WARHAMMER servers actually are... and to top it off.. the developer sticks to the ONLY aspect of the game that draws out the biggest weakness of the servers. They CAN'T handle the load - so... RVR is 20 man city battles.

BTW the latest bugged killed off the live event - Note: its the same live event as last year and still they managed to screw it up ... yet again. But hey ... some ppl find it fun.... BUt most ppl stop paying for these things when a developer has shown time and time again that they are not improving on the basics - the basics that actually could keep the game afloat for more than few thousand ppl.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 7:15PM mav1234 said

What live event was killed? Wild hunt seems to be still active and fine, you just have to wait until next week to get your items.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:15PM Joshua Przygocki said

Go play Call of Duty and stay out of my MMOs.

Every article you comment on, it's just trolling and terrible English.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 9:13PM Birk said

Deadalon;

I'm a pretty complacent guy. I'm content to sit around and read massively peacefully. I don't like to pick on people, and given that the MMO community already has a large predisposition towards the negative, I prefer to comment on ideas that have actual value towards advancing the genre rather than pissing and moaning just to blow my opinionated load.

But your comments consistently blow me away. Time and time again you interject into the conversation, throwing down a myriad of unfounded facts and overblown hates about...well, pretty much every game out there. You really have -never- had anything positive or constructive to say about anything, a fact that leads me to wonder why on earth you play MMOs in the first place.

If this is your public venting ground, then whatever. Common trolls are a dime a dozen, and I'm not about to lose sleep over your nonsense banter. But if you're genuinely trying to be a part of a constructive conversation and community here (which would be the logical conclusion to your active participation in bashing just about -ohhhh I don't know- EVERY game on the market), your constant whining is gaining you no credibility.

-Birk

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 1:14AM (Unverified) said

Fanbois who love one game and slam everything else are a dime a dozen here (and on every other discussion board). But I haven't figured out yet what the one game is that Deadalon is a fanboi of. He seems to hate absolutely everything.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 12:25PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
Im a fanboy of good games. I do not like things when the buisness has taken over from the actual game - And I also dont like when the glaring obvoius is tried to kept hidden for weeks - months or even years without the truth coming out.

The problem with alot of latest batch of MMOs is that they were JUST created to catch the WOW wave. What most of these games have in common that they fall way short of delivering the quality needed. Be that based on the incompitent workforce - or just cheap and greedy moneymen. But its not good for the gamers.

I follow alot of games and even tho some thing I do not compliment games... I very often do. For instance - I compare bad features of some games to the good features of others. Lets for example take the chat box features in WOW and LOTRO and compare them. It is part of the gameplay and in fact very big part of the interaction between ppl. One chatbox can be changed in multiple ways (+mods). The other doesn't allow more than one font type. Not important some say... well.. alot of ppl think it matters.

Another example. WOW PVE and WAR PVE. You can say that one of those game is not about PVE. That doesn't give it the right to ignore glaring issues that the other game would not even send out on a test server without fixing first.

Again - Im a fanboi of good things done well in games. I critisie alot of things that are done wrong and in most cases some will argue it. That is their right. But usually they turn it into flamewar cause Im critising their GAME - when Im really ciritising a feature of the game that could and should be handeled alot better. I dont take part in flamewars. They are childish and say alot more about those ppl that need to do so.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 7:08PM Darkjoy said

Recently resubbed to WAR and I'm enjoying my time spent there.

One thing I have noticed with WAR is the players are the biggest crybabys and whiners I've ever seen in my entire 15 years of playing MMO's. It's truly ridiculous.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 7:35PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
Play for 2 more weeks and you turn into one of them. PPl get fed up with things when they are not working.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:10PM NeverDeath said

You've never played WoW then? Because THAT is quite frankly the biggest assortment of not only whiners and crybabies (who are responsible largely for the degradation of the game into its current ezmode preschool level challenge status) but every other sort of ignoramus you could hope never to encounter. Worst MMO community online, hands-down.

Just thought I'd inject some reality into the situation.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 9:18PM Birk said

@NeverDeath

I've been playing WoW since launch, and I'll concede that it has -overall- one of the worst communities. But I think that might be because of the massive sample size; I've had pretty good success finding great groups of players pretty consistently, and I find that even in random dungeon queues and such (though I havent played in the past few months) people are friendly and usually rather helpful.

But yeah, there's a good amount of ugly there as well.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 10:49PM Suplyndmnd said

@Birk

Dude, I bought WoW to play it and i was not in the game, swear to God, 45 seconds (as a female order character, Warrior) when i was asked to take my clothes off by someone standing near me. I had JUST zoned in from character creation. It was... sad.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 8:35AM (Unverified) said

@M - was it on Moon Guard-US? I think you may've just hit the one in a thousand truly terrible places:

(don't worry, link is safe)

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 11:11PM Suplyndmnd said

No, it wasn't. I don't remember what server i was on (This was a good while back) and I didn't play but for a couple months. But it seriously was the exact spot you zone in after character creation. I had yet to even take my first step in the game.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 7:45PM Taawa said

Deadalon: I'm Destruction on Badlands. We usually lose in the lakes and more often than not in scenarios unless we're in our all 80's premade. Yet our community is very entertaining and fun. And the community extends across the factional divide, not just for the crossrealmers either. We talk in IRC, banter in the forums, and tease each other in the game.

Trustcotrapt: So much of the crybabying is tongue and cheek though. And I think you'll see lots of drama and crying in PvP games. But its mostly in fun.

OP: I keep trying to leave WAR, but inevitably return because I cannot find another game that has such accessible and fun PvP. I like the spirit of your post.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:37PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
Im sorry but IRC ? You know its 2010 right ?

But hey - just shows how far behind the game is.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 9:15PM Birk said

IRC is still widely used...so I have no idea what you're getting at here. Xfire and Steam may be the new kids on the block, but who gets off on nitpicking someone else's choice of IM-chat anyhow...?

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 7:36PM (Unverified) said

I also recently resubbed and it's pretty fun. The RvR is much faster with much more frequent rewards. In one day I defended IC and also attacked Altdorf. There's a lot of community to be had, and while, yes, there are a lot of people who cry about one thing or another, there are plenty of people with good advice and talent who will help out other players that are there to enjoy the game.

Badlands server - Pretty evenly matched in T4, I'd say.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 10:49PM Suplyndmnd said

@Cursecannon

I'm destro on Badlands. Who are you on there? I probably know you.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:00PM paterah said

A good game, at the very least not a fail as some people will present it. One of the game I played for more than 6 months the other being WoW. I'll probably resub untill the "giants" show face.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 10:48PM mav1234 said

Count me as another who just resubbed. My best friend did, as well.

The game has vastly improved since release. It has it's problems, make no mistake, but the pvp is a nice change of pace from grinding personal rating on the arena teams I constantly hop between in WoW.

While I have little faith in Mythic, the game itself is fun for me, so I try to not let that bother me.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story