Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:14PM Zellis said

12-13 Years later and the Sony still continues to make the game look stunning for what its made out of. If they ever update the character models again I would gladly go back for a Romp in my old Stomping grounds.

Heres to another 10 years for Everquest!

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 11:39PM (Unverified) said

Well every time they try to update the game's models the EQ community goes into a blind rage.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 1:33AM Zellis said

Oh I didn't know the remaining players cared, Personally i tried going back last year after the merc x-pac and had a ball on the 51/50 server! But The fun soon stopped around level 70ish I think? When grouping was getting harder and harder to come by, (that could be any number of reasons, low pop server, play times etc, Its not the games fault) I would love to return to the game, and I often do when my main MMO is experiencing large amounts of time before new content is released.

New player models would keep me around Longer though, even new looking armor sets or weapon models would be a start, I know im spoiled by modern MMOs but its the way things are now, if im gonna portray an avatar in game, I at least want it to look cool :)

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 5:14AM pcgneurotic said

Waffles is right about the community clinging to the old models, although I like them well enough.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:14PM Saker said

There's still something so charming (or maybe it's just my nostalgia) about the primitive old graphics!

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 8:55PM Sephirah said

• 1 heart
I really don't understand why Sony wastes resources on EQ and don't focus on EQ 2 only since I read that the last EQ 2 expansion was much worse than the previous ones..

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 10:04PM ed511df3 said

Everquest continues to make money. The resources it takes to run it are much less than EQ2, so if a server melts down, they can replace it much cheaper. I'm willing to bet that many station pass owners get that just so they can sneak into EQ from time to time for nostalgia's sake.

So why would they drop support for a game that is doing better than some of their more modern games? It's not like they're afraid to shut down a game if it isn't producing money anymore.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 1:36AM (Unverified) said

I'm just going to put it here and hope Sony sees it; if EQ went F2P, in the DDO/LotRO model, I would buy every expansion they release. No joke.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 3:11AM Shaard said

Sadly the BIG problem for EQ going F2P is that a large proportion of the player base play 2 or more accounts. I went back to my guild a while back and there were 36 chars on...played by 6 people :(

If they opened up a new F2P server though I'd certainly dip my toe once in a while.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 5:22PM Saker said

Leej is right the whole "dual boxing" thing is so rampant. There's a fair amount of it in EQ2 also (last time I played as a subscriber it was at least).

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 12:48PM Alarie said

I may get back into EQ. I'm looking for some bard action. Sadly the new MMOs seem to forget this class. Wonder if bards are any good in EQ still?

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 3:47PM Vrazule said

I know it get's a bad rap, but Vanguard: Saga of Heroes has an excellent Bard class. I dare say it's more fun than EQ's Bard, of which I have played both. If you can deal with the fact that Vanguard has a lot more forced grouping, you'd probably enjoy the bard a lot.

Posted: Sep 12th 2010 8:07PM Alarie said

Ok Vrazule you convinced me. I do agree with you. I had a level 30 something bard in VG, but SOE just doesn't support it. It was a lot of fun.

No promises, may go back to EQ to check out expansion.

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 3:58AM (Unverified) said

From time to time I miss this game alot I have alot of fond memories from this game... I have tried to go back a couple of times however it just not the same without all of my old friends and the old community...

Not to mention the game has changed so much and it was hard to get my mage past lvl 65

Posted: Nov 4th 2010 12:38PM (Unverified) said

I agree, I would definatly play eq again if the character models were updated. but in all seriousness, it would be interesting to see EQ remade or an EQ3 that Includes passage into the old lore. The zone ideas and the artwork for what they made the game out of is amazing.

One Shots: Grim Raider