Posted: Sep 10th 2010 3:34PM Snorii said

My nephew is primed for this game to go live - I may have to get it to share the experience with him.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 3:38PM Grumms said

I am SO excited for this game. I may be 21 but that little kid inside you should never go away.

Can't wait for this to release! Pre-ordered immediately. See you on October 12th. :)

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 3:49PM Anatidae said

The word on the street is that it is a cute game, but oddly limited. I guess you can only build things in special areas, but in general the items you have are just like any other MMO (non-changeable). Killing mobs, mini-games and some light puzzle solving - which should be a good basis for a game.

Oh, light on content, but I understand the world is instanced and designed in such a way they can add more content and justify it into their world (which I assume is easy since it is made of Lego blocks!)

I am hoping that the game does open up more than I hear and allows for almost a light second life aspect. Allow you to build items that you can bring in the game world with a scripting language to give them life. Sort of like the programmable lego sets for teens. There are plenty of 10 year old children and above who could handle learning a scripting language to program their online Lego block creations.

Guess we will see.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 4:01PM (Unverified) said

I tried the beta and agree with Brian, it's a pretty limited world. I think younger kids (maybe 12 and under?) will love it, but they have lost the charm that makes even adults willing to play Lego Harry Potter, or Lego Rock Band. It's not that there's railroading - each island is open to fully explore: but the islands, altho distinct, seem very small.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 10:50PM Sorithal said

Eh.... from what I've played, it's fun, but last I checked it wasn't -that- fun. Still on the fence in deciding whether or not to go ahead and pre-order it.

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 9:22AM (Unverified) said

LU is fun. Except you can finish all that fun in one weekend. Even younger children can do all there is in a couple weeks. Which means it's not worth paying a monthly subscription fee for. I don't even think that fun is worth the $39.99 of a box purchase either.

Posted: Sep 13th 2010 3:20PM Sorithal said

Yeah... it feels more like it'd be better off as a free-to-play game.

There is quite a bit of grind factor in the achievements, though, which could make the game last longer. But that's still just basically mindlessly grinding certain mobs and whatnot in order to get special weapons/items/armor that aren't that great.