Posted: Sep 10th 2010 7:03PM wondersmith said

I considered that possibility, groucheux, but I doubt even Turbine is quite that generous. My guess is that the VIP time from the starter pack either doesn't include any free points or that they're already counted in the 1000-point bonus; otherwise they'd be mentioned. And I seem to recall reading that the VIP time included with the DDO Stormreach retail box didn't grant players the 500-point bonus, so I suspect that buying the Moria retail box also doesn't. There's probably some clause in the fine print specifying that VIP time received as part of another purchase doesn't qualify for the monthly 500-point bonus.

I hope I'm wrong. But either way, it's a frabjous bargain!

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:04PM donweel said

That is a smokin deal, too bad it is on D2D I use Steam all the time. Use steam chat to keep track of friends and launch games. Will grab the MoM box as advised for sure tho.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:28PM alucard3000 said

well the points alone makes it worth it,you dont have to download the game from D2D, 420tp=$6.95/1550tp=$19.95 and even better than the current sale I saw ad for on launcher 6900tp for $49.99 which equates to 690tp for $5.
And also regardless if you DL game from D2D or a box you still wont be able to use it on steam.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:10PM (Unverified) said

Although no email has been sent out, European LOTRO subscribers with inactive accounts has been granted a free come back weekend. I found out when I was able to log in and play a few hours ago :)

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 7:23PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
Why on earth should ppl spend time on the EU servers on a outdated client and content ? Its not like they are offering any sort of compensations for 1 -2 week delay...

The game is ALREADY F2P so opening up for old users should have happened anyway.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 9:02PM Cristiano Cenizo said

@Deadalon

For the same reason people were playing LotRO regularly right up until the F2P patch was pushed live? Maybe because people enjoy the game regardless? For the same exact reason people play Korean MMOs in the West, despite updates lagging months behind? You make it out to be a huge stretch on behalf of the players, but really, they're just playing the same game they have been playing! They have every right to do that until the Euro version goes live with the new stuff. You're unnecessarily dramatizing the entire thing.

Also, um, what...? You're asking for compensation for a 1-2 week delay on a free update that is being delayed to hopefully prevent the bug-storm currently occurring on the NA servers? Are you really that delusional? I just can't make the logical connection here... asking for compensation for something that isn't costing you anything in the first place... Ridiculous.

Also, if you hate LotRO F2P so much (a point you've made quite clear in EVERY SINGLE LotRO article), then why would you want compensation anyways? I'm not shocked at your hypocrisy and false statements, but it surely must be exhausting you, what with all the endless moaning and arguing.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 8:18PM (Unverified) said

I think that Codemasters are right to delay the launch until all the problems have been ironed out. We've all seen far too many botched releases to want another one, I think.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 4:55AM sn00gans said

Okay, so if you get 1000 TP for the D2D deal, what's keeping people from making multiple D2D accounts and grabbing 1000 TP for $5 a pop?

And dammit, this after I just bought the $50 TP pack. :(

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 11:56AM Darkwulf said

Maybe I'm having a stupid day, but can anybody tell me how to get a license key? I've already got a Turbine account from DDO's free-to-play, and the only thing I can find on the LOTRO site is prompting me to set up an entirely new account.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 1:19PM MrDiamondJ said

You have to contact them and specifically ask for both DDO and LOTRO to be on the same Turbine account. Why? I have no idea (it's probably just easier for them to keep the two games separate, for the moment). They will do it, though.

Bear in mind that you have separate Turbine Points balances for each game (which prevents any gaming of the system; people can't earn easy points in one game and use them in the other, for example).

Posted: Oct 28th 2010 8:05AM (Unverified) said

Just activated MoM last night-- I got no points at all. No bonus, no 500 up front. My in-game client still shows the 124 points I had from before activation, but a check on Turbine.com definitely shows that MoM has been added to my account. Yes, I'll get the 500 points from the free month, but that's it, apparently. $10 expansion from Amazon still isn't a bad deal, but don't buy it thinking you're going to suddenly have points to run into the LOTRO store and start buying things....

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014