Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:14PM (Unverified) said

If, as in Chris Cao's example, a player chose Batman as his mentor, why would that player be concerned with Gorilla Grodd's attempt to take over Metropolis? Wouldn't a protoge of Batman be involved in the goings on of Gotham? Couldn't mentor selection determine starting city?

Perhaps they're simply going th JLA route, but still, I find that some potential awesomeness was lost with that decision.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:27PM Misanthrope said

I don't think an entire population turning into Monkeys is up Batman's alley. In the comics, Batman isn't quite so myopic that he refuses to help people who don't live in Gotham. Hell, he started the Outisders in order to solve a crisis in Eastern Europe.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:30PM ravenstorm said

I wish they'd talk more about the selection of weapons in the game, since they've made weapons a core component. Many (most?) superheroes don't use weapons. Sure, we can all think of examples of those who do — Batman, Hawkgirl, etc. — but what about your typical energy blaster, mentalist, or mystic. They mentioned at FanFaire that Brawling is a weapon type, so hopefully there are other non-weapon options. I can't imagine someone like Raven from the Titans beating baddies up with a weapon, or with her fists for that matter.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:59PM (Unverified) said

Grodd is superman villain. Batman mentor fights against scarecrow first.

There is hand to hand combat in the pvp video.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 7:44PM (Unverified) said

Yea your mentor decides your mission lines, this is just for Supes' guys, has there been any info on Wonder Woman yet though? I've seen for Bat and the big S but she's been kinda absent from most info.

What...I'm the only Wonder Woman fan? :I

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 11:55PM (Unverified) said

Na Shotgun your not alone! Find it interesting that Comic Con folks have not gotten into Beta yet. I signed up withing 24 hrs of the announcement and have not heard anything. I am not impressed with the animation of the gorillas while they are being attacked.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 2:38AM cray said

Is it me or does the combat look epileptic inducing and static at the same time. Main character kept whacking the gorillas and they didn't move, just dropped. Is their no physics engine?

Watch GW2 combat and you'll see (what I'm talking about) the Havok engine at work, the characters get knocked back randomly.

Posted: Sep 11th 2010 10:22AM Psychotic Storm said

And people feared they would never be allowed to be as glorious as the established superheroes.

Well its been solved now, they are your tutors and guides, you never leave their shadow.