Posted: Sep 9th 2010 12:16PM ZenJitsu said

GW2 has remained at the top of my list despite my MMO burnout. It has done a great job innovating, and has provided steady information that it solidly demoed. Firefall shot up to near the top as well with its polished presentation and different gameplay style.

Rift, despite its polish and quality, has gone down after catching it at PAX because I couldn't find its hook.

SWTOR is something I will still purchase despite the constant decline of character quality and more of the same MMO game we've been playing for the last decade. I like the voice acting, environments, and storylines. Even if the voice acted cut scenes just dress up the 'kill ten rats' missions.

In other news, Force Unleashed II looked AMAZING and so did Tron: Evolution. Brink and Torchlight II are also on my list, as well as Dead Rising 2 which is finally coming to the PC.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 1:22PM Pagan said

SWTOR PvP tease and Darth Revan revelation.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 2:13PM (Unverified) said

FireFall has me drooling all over my desk, and of course RIFT and GW2 are hot contenders for my fantasy fix.

This is going to be an interesting year within the MMO community I think, and I'm very excited to see how things play out with EQ2: Extended and LotRO F2P.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 2:51PM Somnicide said

This picture here:
Was my favorite from PAX. Those guys were looking a little dejected there, haha. TERA was my favorite coming out of PAX, but GW2 is still a very close second. Nothing else really matters in terms of MMOs coming out for me. Especially not Rift. Talk about generic everything.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 4:27PM (Unverified) said

Went to PAX and demoed all these games:

I was already super excited for GW2, and finally playing it didn't change anything really... I still can't wait for it!!

The real suprise was TERA. I really enjoyed playing it. It was just had very, very.. very fun and addicting combat. Easily my #2 after GW2. Here's hoping there isn't a lot of grind like your standard korean MMOs!

Dissapointment: Rift... it plays very generic and boring. Same ol' shit, new setting. I'm not sure what people are looking forward to in this game. Have you guys actually played it?

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:59PM (Unverified) said

Rift by a looooong shot for me. No, they don't try to reinvent the wheel but the class system looks fantastic, the Rift invasions look awesome and they have a high level of polish and look to have a ton of content.

SW:ToR still looks too instanced for me and fairly boring. I also have no trust in a MMO with EA anywhere on it.

Tera has a cool combat system but I hate eastern MMOs and with Brian Knox making the same exact promises he made with Aion, I am not expecting much. I expect more of a grind and I hate the eastern artstyle.

GW2 would be my second choice but I have a few doubts they can pull it off. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Regardless, Rift looks to be the best MMO coming out of Pax and I will be playing it for sure.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 5:41PM Matix said

Q: "Were there any juicy PAX revelations that tickled your fancy? Did anything change your mind, make you more or less excited, or come completely out of left field?"

A: Since there's no limitations of what KIND OF GAME in the question, I'd have to say:

Duke Nukem Forever.

I mean, anyone who's been reading SWTOR comments here on Massively KNOWS I'm psyched about SWTOR. And if you've figured out who I am on the SWTOR forums, you know I'm a nut for SWTOR, and fanfiction, and I had happy-silly giggles of glee seeing HK-47 in the trailer (I guess we find out how he gets to Mustafar in Galaxies).

But nothing "revealed" about the MMOs at PAX really surprised or grabbed me, but DNF? I mean, holy frakking ewok crackers, that game was DEAD, DO NOT RESUSCITATE, flat-lined, gone, out in the great beyond with the games of yester-year FINISHED.

Now it's a 2011 release?!

Guess what I'll be playing when the SWTOR servers are down for patches.

Go on, guess.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:43PM (Unverified) said

Damn straight!

All I've seen is the usual hype, spin, "We'll be the best mmo ever!" on the mmo PAX front So nothing to really care about.

But you can always bet on Duke!

Hail to the King, baby!

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 6:49PM (Unverified) said

Duke nukem!!!!!

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:44PM cray said

FireFall caught me by surprise, I will keep my eye on this game. I am already committed to playing GW2. I like the general direction ArenaNet are heading.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:00PM dreamwyrm said

Guild Wars 2
By far they had the most polished and impressive demonstration of any of the MMO demos on the show floor. It blew me away how well it worked and the members of its staff talking with the fans waiting to play was the icing on the cake. To top it all off you got a great chunk of 40 mins to experience gameplay complete with events. The enthusiasm of the staff for their product shone brightly with every staff member I talked to. For a game that has not officially declared its release date its was extremely pleasant to see the progress they have made in light of the experience the other demonstrations being given by their competitors on the show floor.