Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:47AM kjhasdfjkhk said

After PAX:

Guild Wars 2, UP (even moreso, if that's possible)

The Old Republic, DOWN (trying to convince me that they have high action visceral combat, then showing me the same combat I've been playing in MMOs for 12 years = fail)

And Rift...someone sell me on it, please! I really want to like it but it looks very generic to me. The only thing that I'm really interested in is the class building mechanic, and the world looks very dense and cool, but other than that nothing really stands out about it to me.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:56AM SwobyJ said

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:35AM kjhasdfjkhk said

That didn't really do anything for me unfortunately. What I did like though is the town he was playing in at the start of the video. The world looks great. A lot of the questions asked, however, weren't ones I was terribly interested in, and the ones I was interested in received a "no" answer. Do you know if this game will be more focused on story and PvE than on a grind for PvP gear? Also, the whole dynamic events thing just makes me think of Guild Wars 2, where every quest in the game essentially is a dynamic event. In this game, it seems that only rift tears/openings are "dynamic" and the only thing dynamic about it is what kind of rift opens (fire, earth, etc) and what random location it opens it. I haven't heard anything about actual quest structure, etc.

But while I probably will end up playing Guild Wars 2, I have the niggling suspicion that it'll turn into another WoW where, a year or two down the line it'll be filled completely with douchebags and people obsessed with getting PvP gear, etc. I am looking for something that will have a smaller, more roleplay/PvE focused game. I'm a roleplayer, but the problem with a lot of MMOs is that, lots of people seem to roleplay when the game first launches, but after they start seeing their friends leveling and getting phat lewts they completely drop it all and go for that. Can't really be avoided, I guess. I just wish I could find a game with a smaller, more tight knit community, that's actually GOOD. Maybe this will be it. Not to sell it short before it even releases, I just have a feeling it'll come out between The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 and get lost.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:48AM SwobyJ said

Not really answering questions here haha, but I think these links can help.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 11:06AM Zerdiox said

Definitely GW2 but then again, it has been a game I've been following since they announced it. Unfortunately they didn't add anything since gamescon but I knew that was highly unlucky to begin with. However, even with repeated content and the same demo, PAX for me has been all about Guild Wars 2

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:52AM Psychotic Storm said

Firefall was for me.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:58AM Verde321 said

Like everyone else...swtor is becoming more and more disappointing especially when the devs hyped pax as the biggest reveal yet. :( hopefully I am proven wrong and the game will rock.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:01AM SwobyJ said

Oh, and my Facebook comment: "Rift! GW is never for me, and I don't see that changing, even as interesting as it is. TOR.. maybe, but I'd prefer not to join the game WoW-kiddies are migrating to. But Bioware.."

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:01AM nomoredroids said

Rifts.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:04AM (Unverified) said

I'm going to say Guild Wars 2 won me over, which is funny, seeing as how I played GW1 through the first three expansions and was in the GW1 Beta!

SWTOR still has my interest, although it is due to my desire to play a Sith with my buddy, lol.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:10AM (Unverified) said

I'm still loving Rifts and I can't wait to give it a try.

GW2 is definitely still on the radar as well.

The biggest surprise for me was FIrefall. It looks promising, but we need more info on it.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:21AM Vrazule said

For my fantasy needs, it will be Guild Wars 2 and for my science fiction needs, it will be Star Wars the Old Republic. Both of which really satisfy my need for a casual oriented game that doesn't force me to compete with hardcores for character and content progression.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:33AM (Unverified) said

Firefall for me.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:56AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
SWTOR all the way, the reveals weren't as plentiful at PAX as I would of liked but it was enough new information to keep my faith. Also, considering the game play was pretty solid (lil bugs aside) for a beta, the graphics were pretty impressive especially since we were only seeing a medium graphic setting build.

Rift would have to be my second choice, it's just so damn pretty...hope the game play matches it's looks.

GW2, although it looks cool, I would need to pass, just don't see any type of good story or development there, just eye candy that will keep you interested for a week tops.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:06AM Stormwaltz said

FireFall, because it came out of nowhere, and because no one else said anything of consequence.

This seemed like a real slow PAX. "GW2 announces an iPhone app!" And?

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:18AM Qho said

Guild Wars 2 all the way . Played already 10k+ hours in gw and everything looks like ANet will develop something with at least as much with gw2 for me .

And maybe SWTOR during breaks .

Tera , Rift same mmo with nothing interesting and will join fate of Aion .

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:18AM GryphonStalker said

Guild Wars 2, hands down. I really like how they are tackling a lot of old MMO paradigms that are in desperate need of an evolution.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:25AM paterah said

I'll go with the most revolutionary and most innovative, in that case TERA.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:48AM Valdur said

I would say ex aequo for GW2 and Rifts.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 12:02PM Lateris said

From the information I have seen and read I think Guild Wars 2 takes the cake for me. The combat looks fluid. The art work for the game is pure bliss. The attitudes of that studio are all about the gamer who will play this game which makes me want to be part of the studio!