Posted: Sep 9th 2010 5:52PM Egobrane said

I like the beta quite a bit and it's a shame other people can't get into it but what're you gonna do.

There's a hardware mouse fix and a program that lets you alt-tab out of the game in fullscreen mode. Technically it makes the game fullscreen by a script when it's running in windowed mode.. but in effectiveness it's the same thing.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 6:35PM Donau said

The art style reminds me a bit of Vanguard... although it seems like a happy, cheery Vanguard. As if Vanguard and Free Realms got together for a one night stand.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 7:14PM Purkit said

I'm not really seeing it myself. Maybe in the environments, I suppose they do have the same expansive quality. As much as I loved certain aspects of Vanguard the one thing that stopped me playing was the terrible character models. FFXIV is the complete reverse, its only really the character design which has kept me logging into the OB for as long as I have.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 7:41PM Iphrit said

It's sad when a game tries hard to be different from your typical WoW clone and ends up being hated for it. That's something to be expected I guess, since almost everyone plays the same MMO(guess which).

Kudos to SE, for having the balls to be creative(for good or bad) in a market this tough.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:24PM (Unverified) said

Not exactly creative...they're missing or solely lacking in key parts of a MMO.

Namely, decent and not bearable controls. An entire UI that doesn't feel clunky and playing through a mess of menus is a '90s system that's been long since dead in the MMO scene.

Other then that, great graphics, great cut scenes so far, very good voice acting, music...but those alone won't keep the subscriptions.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 1:52AM Ekphrasis said

It's a very pretty game in my opinion.

I like the visual style but it lacks the core features that make a MMO enjoyable for me. Granted I haven't spent lots of time in the Open Beta but is there more to just farming guildleves ?

WoW Archivist: Epics