Posted: Sep 9th 2010 4:19PM Syesta said

Good stuff. If there's one thing I love about the game, it's pursuit mode. Standard racing is a pretty marked regression from the progress (sic) that had been made in the NFS series, but police pursuits were still fun as hell. Good to know I can just jump online and bother cops for a while without the fear of xp capping.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 4:50PM Minofan said

As someone who did buy the start pack on impulse, don't mind.
Possibly because I haven't played it since about a week after launch...

It really is a very nifty racing game, but the peculiar model of an epic grind - with no discernible destination at the ned - made up of monetary thrills just wore me down fairly quickly.
Fun for a few races at a time, but trying to fill those MMO progress bars doesn't constitue a reason after the first few readily-achieveable levels.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 5:16PM kasapina said

Can we please call this NW or something along those lines? NFSW makes my mind squick every time I read it.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 5:19PM Seraphina Brennan said

You and the entire rest of the staff, dear. You and the entire rest of the staff. *sighs*

~Sera

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:41PM jmerriex said

I was thinkin' the exact same thing!

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:30PM Colerejuste said

Oh yeah. I did a double take the first time I saw NFSW in the article, and then just an eye twitch for each instance afterwards.

Maybe NFS:W. Something to break up my brain from switching the letters around. Though with this one, I'm thinking of Network File Systems, but at least that is safe for work in my line of employment.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 6:17PM SkuzBukit said

I think it's because of the Not Safe For Work acronym similarity, could use N4SW.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 9:40PM ChaosInc said

Hours after a game announces F2P and no "road to fail" posts yet? I'm impressed!

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:17PM Controlled Chaos said

Well, I think there's a bit of a difference on this one. The problem is that a LOT of people basically decided it really wasn't worth paying for something that they didn't really believe would hold one's attention for long. F2P here basically means that it's inherent value grows. I'd be inclined to think that both those who tried it and those who didn't might just end up curious because of it.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 10:10PM (Unverified) said

haha! i installed it and to my surprise i liked it! , it plays like a NFS game should pretty much to a T

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 12:07AM ultimateq said

I might give this a real looking into now that it's F2P. No way I'd ever play it if I had to pay for it right away.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 1:15AM (Unverified) said

When most game s go F2P, they usually give plenty of notice and a decent reward for those that bought the game... a 7 day rental is not adequate imo, the rental cars are not exactly exciting and 7 days is realtime, not play time which is suck!

They should of given the games purchase value ($20) in microtransaction currency and allow the players to choose how to spend it.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 1:23AM MewmewGrrl said

A number of games out there are using the "Free to Try" model and calling it "Free to Play". Wizard 101 does - tho I admit it gives you more to "try" than a lot of others, it's really free to try and cuts you off after a little bit.

Free Realms started out letting you go all the way through the game on some characters, then changed over to Free to Try, giving you some access to everything, but only some (so you can't past half level on anything). So they actually changed from a more realistic F2P model into F2T.

So far Clone Wars is doing the same thing, you get the tiniest bit of content to try out and they are calling it Free to Play (so wrong).

A lot of other browser based games do the same thing - including Jump Start (they advertise on TV as free to play, which is a joke, you get almost nothing if you don't pay). Really a lot of browser games are in this category unfortunately.

I really like the Free to Try moniker, we should legally force some games to have to use it :D

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 3:08AM FOI said

Color me impressed. I was expecting to give this a shot as a palette cleanser and ended up playing it for hours. I'm not really into racing games but I had a blast.

Totally came out of nowhere for me.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:19AM Dblade said

I'm not liking how other online genres are becoming monetized like this. I'd much rather have the burnout 3 style of lobby multiplayer for free that a grind and a world added along with a sub or microtransactions. Racing games, FPS, Arena-style fighting games, 2-D fighting games...looks like the new thing is charge for what used to be given free on console, at least.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 6:11PM Controlled Chaos said

It's kind of funny. I know a bunch of people who tried out the trial on this and didn't really like it all that much. The whole pay aspect left a bad taste in their mouth for the simple fact that it didn't really hold the attention that well. Same reason I wasn't really going to try it, you know? That and I'm terrible at racing games.

What's interesting though is that, now that it's free to play/try, the value seems to have transformed. Instead of paying to play something that they felt a little 'meh' about, its value has raised a bit because the pressure of having to get your money's worth is gone. Now you can have fun and buy whatever little things you want. It's strange how that works.

I think I'll end up trying this tonight.

Posted: Sep 10th 2010 10:41PM (Unverified) said

It went free while ripping off the starter pack customers in the process. Nothing like a hard slap in the face for a lesson learned.

Posted: Sep 14th 2010 1:03AM (Unverified) said

This is trial version. Not - free to play.

Posted: Oct 8th 2010 8:50AM (Unverified) said

Full Free Download Games, Software, Movies, E-Books And All 7 Harry Potter Novels..........Just Visit http://downloadblaze.blogspot.com And much More You Can Also Request Your Favorite One