Posted: Sep 6th 2010 3:40PM (Unverified) said

The dungeon you were running was called Deepstrike. I didn't have the oppurtunity to run it with you guys, but I leaned over and watched the dev type in "/macro deepstrike" to send you there. It was really tempting to type it in myself and see if I could crash the party :P

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 5:37PM (Unverified) said

Intresting.

I'm very curious to see the UI and how well combat flows. Those two things are deal-breakers if they don't work properly, for me.

Definitely putting this one on my "must watch" list!

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 5:51PM (Unverified) said

I have a video of the dungeon run from the tank's perspective, but unfortunately it's very poor quality (taken on a palm pre). I'll post it to youtube and get a link up on here when I get around to it.

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 5:59PM (Unverified) said

That'd be great. I look forward to seeing it.

Posted: Sep 7th 2010 2:24AM (Unverified) said

Took them long enough to realize RIFT's awesomeness! Well better late than never!

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 8:58PM Joshua Przygocki said

I for one, would hate going to PAX...

Trying out all these wonderful games and not being able to take them home...
Only getting a limited time...
I would probably be crying and begging the devs to let me just play a little longer...

Posted: Sep 7th 2010 1:04AM lucas42 said

The triple class system is sounds exciting and is reason enough for me to try the game, but I didn't play the demo at PAX. That's because the demo had gigantic neon-colored words and numbers for every bit of damage, every player name, every "pet of [x]." They got bigger nearer the camera and literally took up the screen. It looked like a Geocities website. I hate to be negative and I assume that's the kind of thing that will improve before release, but it really turned me off from the demo immediately. I'll be following it though.

Posted: Sep 7th 2010 2:52PM (Unverified) said

I tried this game at PAX and really liked it. The gear is the best I've seen in a fantasy game, plus the gameplay itself was smooooth. I'll be following it closely. :)

Posted: Sep 8th 2010 11:41AM kjhasdfjkhk said

This game does look quite good; my only issue being how generic it seems. I think it would have much more of a following if it had chosen subject matter outside the "medieval fantasy realm".

The create-your-own class system is the most intriguing thing to me about it. I really don't mind if everything is balanced, in fact, I prefer that it's not. I like knowing that I may not be able to defeat certain classes one on one, as long as certain other classes may not be able to defeat me. It adds a level of uncertainty to the game, which makes you more aware and gets the adrenaline pumping a bit. It's no fun when you are playing a game and you go "oh, there's a mage, he's squishy which means I will kill him 100% of the time".

My only fear is that certain overpowered builds will be discovered and then everyone and their mama will respec to that, which WILL happen, guaranteed. It always does. Though I really this system because in all games, I love to try unconventional builds.

I am still on the fence about whether or not I will get this. Honestly, there are so many good MMOs coming out in the next 6 months to a year that the only deciding factor of me getting one game over another is when the game is going to be released. If Trion wants a decent shot to make some money off this game, it would be wise to release it before the end of the year, which I very much doubt they will do. I can see it right now. They are going to release it in Spring 2011 when literally dozens of other AAA titles are scheduled for release, including a few big MMOs. It will get buried, which is sad because they seemed to have pumped a lot of time and money into this game.