Posted: Sep 5th 2010 9:22AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
O god, there is nothing holy left for Bioware?

HK47 was one of the most awesome KOTOR characters. to see him....destroyed in World of Republicraft is ....insulting.

Whats next? Raid Boss LVL 99 Darth Revan? Bioware continues to rape their franchises, they already cheapened down Mass Effect into Call of Mass Effect II fps and they are already god-of-warring Dragon Age.

I lost any respect I ever had fo rthis awesome company that created awesomeness like KOTOR, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age: Origins. etc.

Now Bioware is even worse than Blizzard.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 9:26AM (Unverified) said

Owww shut up.....
Blah Blah Blah...

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 9:35AM Arsinek said

What the hell are you talking about?

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 10:01AM Renko said

• Half a heart
I remember the days when people were entitled to their opinion, not anymore it seems.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 10:10AM Matix said

@IC: Not to be funny, but I practically live on the SWTOR forums and the idea that SWTOR is going to be a World-of-Raidcraft clone to the extent you're describing is iffy, at best. If anything, the info coming out of Bioware is that non-heroic things like having a raid boss that you need 10-40 people to take on are not part of the SWTOR vision.

Having said that, the game's not even finished yet, so I suppose there's room to disappoint...

As far as sacred, HK-47 is already on Mustafar in SWG. If including a variety of characters from other games is shocking, it's already LucasArts style.

@Renko: People are entitled to their opinions. They just aren't entitled to state their opinions and then expect everyone else to shut up and not comment on that opinion. This is especially true if that "opinion" is ill-informed, demonstrably unsound, and grossly impolite to the point of being transparent insults.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 1:16PM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
I completely agree.

It's pretty pathetic how all the fanboy sheep marked you down, seems like almost everyone on this site is too stupid to think for themselves.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 1:47PM Its Utakata stupid said

I don't know, Joker...it seems like someone having a serious nerd rage over lore to me. And making unfounded conclusions about the game because the story doesn't agree with his/her interpretations and perceptions of it.

I am all for people expressing their opinions, but they must give account for the opinions they wish to express...instead of throwing hissy fits that make little sense to the avarage reader. Just saying...

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 2:25PM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
@Utakata.

I'm not seeing where he is nerd raging.

He clearly doesn't like how Bioware is ruining all their their games by dumbing them down for the stupid people who can only play FPS's and WoW just for them to make a little more money.

What's worse is that the fanboys are accepting it and asking for more.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 2:53PM Its Utakata stupid said

Well, Joker...if it looks like a duck and quacks like one...

And both you and him seem to be drawing conclusions on a game that hasn't been released yet, based on a 2 minute video clip. Personally, I haven't played any of Bioware's latest...so both you could be right for far as I know in regards to those other games. So I'll keep that mind. But that doesn't mean SWTOR will follow that same path. And there is no evidence from that brief video clip that it will.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 3:23PM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
@Utakata.

You do know there's many more video clips of the game and a lot of interviews, right?

No use arguing with an idiot, lol.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 7:48PM Its Utakata stupid said

You know Joker, I couldn't agree with you more. Especially idiots who troll and trash games on one video clip such our lol esteemed colleague *ImpossibleChronology above, or many videos clips of the same game such as yourself with very little to show for it. And the same with interviews, lol.

If we where believe everything based on such, Warhammer would be the greatest game on Earth, AoC would be a revolutionary game completely bug free at launch and Aion would be fully immersive experience without an ounce of grind to it. Conversely, Fallen Earth would be a piece of crap nobody would want to ever touch. Yet none of these ended up being true when each of these games where released, because you can't base the quality of games on clips and interviews alone...

...but I am done pointing out the obvious to fools who won't listen.

/thread

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 9:50AM Whiney said

Who, HK47 appears on the trailer for one line and someone already cried that much?

Just wow.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 10:11AM swarmofcats said

I sense much anger in this one.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 10:04AM Funkwell said

• 1 heart
This is really starting to come together imo,the vistas in some of the screens I've seen come out of pax are amazing, can't wait for beta.

I'm also loving ffxiv despite the inherrent beta issues. It's looking like these two games may be my new subs replacing wow, lotro and aion.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 10:17AM (Unverified) said

Does the combat seem flat or lacking in impact to anyone else?

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 10:29AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Yes it looks abysmal. Reminds me of Star Trek Online ground combat, which was abou the worst ground combat in any MMO.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:12PM Saker said

It does look kinda lacking.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:55PM Dranaerys said

Yeah, I love the detail given to plot and story, even the graphic style I ahve no problem with, but the combat looks very... meh.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 2:04PM Its Utakata stupid said

I agree Kole. But I wonder though, if this video intended purpose was one of showing lore progression rather than combat. The combat seem to be rather a tie-in for the story...thus, it's less spectacular than it would be if combat was the main focus. I could be wrong...

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 9:18PM alucard3000 said

Yea I agree too looks like it would get boring fast.There is a 4-5 minute video from a demo player at pax that was all gameplay on youtube gave the same feeling,was funny too seeing that the outfit the char was wearing looked like it had about as much armor as a set of PJ's but the char was able to take a full clip point blank range in the back by a automatic weapon heavy char while fighting a diff mob and have little to no damage just a bit of hp lost.Even if they didnt make it more realistic or session ending to have to respawn after would seem like they could've made it more interesting like knock her down or jolt her forward but no the only effect was the hp bar getting a little smaller.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014