Posted: Sep 4th 2010 4:17PM Amblin said

I believe that you simply need to 'harden the fuck up mate!' =)

Seriously, I'd fall into your definition of a cynical gamer. I too tend to like persistance and find the achievement / RvR cycle boring.

The first time you make something your a designer, the second time you're an engineer. The thrid time your a technician, it gets boring real fast. Same goes for playing.

All I would say is when burnout is about to grab you, either take a break or change you perspective. I once played a fool in stormwind's palace for a month just because I was bored out of my tree. In WAR however, thanks to the design I find rp'ing there harder.

I'd say go monster hunting, or fishing or make a travelling band and act out shakespear in atldorf. I once considered how long it take to walk backwards from one end of a map to another.

Or there's always the re-roll.

Good luck!

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 4:45PM madeleen said

Hunter's Vale is open to all levels this week and the next for The Great Hunt event. The rest of the year it is closed to all except for tier 1 players.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 4:47PM (Unverified) said

"For me, the idea of rolling a character brings with it a whole plethora of additional meanings and implications that I'm sure are entirely unnecessary."

It does for me as well, but I think it's far from unnecessary. The main thing that's necessary in a game is for it to be enjoyable. Fun. I've heard many players [particularly in WoW, in my experience] downplay or ridicule things because they are 'just for fun' and don't really 'do' anything.

Well, perhaps it's time for them to wake up a bit. Nothing in an mmo or any video game really 'does' anything. If you're not playing the game for fun, you're doing it wrong.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 5:09PM The Minn said

I beta'd this game. I came back to it for the free weeks/weekends/etc...i tried and tried...i was determined to like it, over and over and over....but i still just cannot get into it. I have mad love to the shammies in the game, mad love! but this game just is lazy in every aspect, in my opinion. I think the battle system feels lazy, the animations, the rvr, etc...Hunters Vale was very boring. I am no troll. I guess the best way I can sum this up is, to me and only me, everything in this game just feels like their is no life, or soul, to it...like it was just created and that was all its purpose....i play other MMOs and I feel life in the battle system, the instances, the pvp, and the environments....in WAR i just don't feel it.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 7:26PM Deadalon said

What ???? bored of RR farming ?

How dare you !!! WAR is all about RVR !! Everything else is junk that noone wants to play !! Take keep - loose keep - take keep - zerg - Take city - loose city.. This is multiplied by 365 days and then give or take 3-4 years and ... You dare to say you have burned out already !!!??? with years of more RR farming to come and NOTHING else in terms of other part of the game beeing worked on !!

How dare you !!!

Or maybe you are slowly coming to the same conclution as most of us...

"Im not paying for this"

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 7:33PM Deadalon said

Well - they are probably gonna add new achivement for killing 900.000 wolfs at some point....

When I realised how RR really worked in the game and how much TOTALLY pointless it all was (RVR should after all be about FUN - not grinding right ? ) I just chancelled my sub and have played free trial once or twice a week to fill in the need for PVP. After all... PVP is about killing others or be killed..... There is nothing complicated about it... and it should't be about grinding the rest of your life... RR 1000 in 5 years time ? Ohhh all the fun for the nubs !!!

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:53AM (Unverified) said

As opposed to other MMOs were you ...kill 10 wolves, kill 10 rats...raid for a piece of loot, kill 10 rats, grind some faction..

See how that works? :) Repetitive mechanics exists in all current MMO's.

Maybe the OP needs a break? You can't play anything forever and expect it to not get old at some point.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 2:52PM Deadalon said

@torak

You do realise that some MMOs have actually moved on and are doing much more than just go there kill that. Maybe take a look at some of the WOW latest quests and see ?

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 3:02PM Deadalon said

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 11:12AM (Unverified) said

Hmm....beta movies for WoW. I am referring to content that is currently available to the paying public.

It is pretty disingenuous to try to advocate that 99% of all current PvE MMO content is nothing more then repetitious rat killing. There are a few exceptions but not many. Will that change in the near future? So they claim.

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 1:32PM Deadalon said

It is already changing - GuildWars is using scaling on their mobs based on number of players around. Runes of Magic is releasing simulare feature in next patch. There are already plenty of intresting quests in many MMos but ofc some of them are "go kill that and come back". WAR is filled with these quests - and also filled with 3 stage public quests (not scaleable). These are features that all MMOs should be working on and improving IF they are releasing that sort of content anyway.

But what we know for sure is that things will not change in WAR for the near future. Its already a game that is loosing intrest and more ppl got dissapointed by the RVR pack than those that actually liked it. Most ppl will not pay sub for this low quality gaming experience - cause there are plenty awailable for free. SO... Now its up to Mythic to do their homework - and realise that very few ppl will stick to this game if they continue with their current one path of RVR. The thing is... the company doesn't have the backing to do anything properly atm (from EA and Bioware) - not to mention they dont have the abilites NOR the staff to do anything else than raise the RVR levels and hope that few hundred ppl will continue to play.

Posted: Sep 9th 2010 8:31PM mightfo said

You actually think most quests in cataclysm will be fun and challenging?

Same was promised in WOTLK. More boring nonsense. Back to PvP.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 9:16PM Xpander said

@whackanewbie

i guess people are just different. i enjoy every bit of WAR, lore is great, battles are great (yest too repeatitive sometime but every situation is new) some dungeons are also great while others are boring. I was WoW player for 4 years, i loved it..but it turned to uber gear grind. new emblems, new gear etc... went boring fast.. Now with war...i have something to work on, it takes huge amount of time to reach the max, to get the latest items in the game..that makes it fun. not some free loot u get and all others run around u with same epix.

With the new RvR Pack they announced. probably the battles will be more fun. They remove so called "waithammer" factor from the RvR lakes and stuff like that.

Really looking forward to this games future.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 8:10PM (Unverified) said

You depleted the resources from every single planet in Mass Effect 2? Holey moley that's a lot of probing.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 3:09AM (Unverified) said

Take it upon yourself

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 3:10AM (Unverified) said

You should take it upon yourself to go explore! As a long time player and avid explorer who has seen most of all maps and most of the maps they didn't want me to see it is one of the most wonderful things you can do. Mythic hid so many goodies! Don't forget to bring a few summoning stones if you run into a fun enemy that you might need a group to take out. And if that isn't enough, try to find the secret plungers without googling it... ;)

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 6:23AM Graill440 said

I enjoyed war till i found tier two to be barren and empty and no quests to fill in 3 levels worth of grinding, asking devs for advice was pointless as they simply stated...wait for it. (really)

I didnt like the instances closed off because i was 1 level over and didnt know i would be restricted, forever missing that particular content. I also gre tired of seeing the same seige machinery with trees or a building or a rock right in front of line of site, 2 years and they couldnt fix things like that?

Once i hit things like that my will is sapped and cold reality sets in, time to move on and not look back, their loss, not mine.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 4:26PM Darkjoy said

You know, the WAR community is one of the most childish, crybaby, whiney kids I've ever seen in my life. Just take a step back and read these comments on why people don't like the game. I mean really?

:/ Sad what WoW has done to the MMOG's.

Posted: Sep 6th 2010 1:00AM meno said

The roleplaying servers did exist but were phased out because of low pop. I've played WAR for about a year I have several characters at 40. I find that soloing in RVR is where its at. I play it like you would a FPS. I ignore gear progression and just rack up kill counts.

Posted: Sep 8th 2010 8:48AM ShadowWar said

I have to say, the title seems misapplied here. You're looking for player created content, the hallmark of the sandbox, but you're looking for it in the PvE aspect of a PvP based game. That seems misdirected at least.

That said, there are a TON of things to find in game, and unlocks to get that don't require just grinding on the same type of NPC for 100,000 kills. Have you found all three plungers? There is adequate amounts of side activities to chase after if PvP has you bored, it won't be great, it won't be amazing, but it will be available and there.

Try shaking up your PvP routine by playing it differently, and give it serious effort. If all you do is zerg-roll keeps and hit the city, try solo-ganking or running with a small group. If all you do is scenarios, try hitting some ORvR. Most servers set up duels and it's not hard to find organized team events either, hit up the forums and ask around about them.

PAX Prime 2014: Strife learns from the past