Posted: Sep 4th 2010 6:23PM (Unverified) said

I am enjoying the look of this so far. Keep up the good work, Trion, and don't make any stupid decisions like 99.9% of other games companies.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 6:25PM (Unverified) said

Also: Inb4 WoW clone.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 8:41PM (Unverified) said

I have consolidated all the info from Pax onto one post. You can find it here:

As I get more Rift info today, I will add to the post. Stop by to see whats up and check by frequently.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 10:50PM Cirocco said

Very nice, indeed. Thanks. Sharing info is always appreciated.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 11:27PM SwobyJ said

Yeah I love the new website. Everything is looking better and better. Dammit, I'm a rift fanboy now - detractors be damned.

If this is a WoW clone, this must be a super genetically modified clone :)

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:15AM Joshua Przygocki said

!!!MORE MORE MORE!!! PLEASE MASSIVELY MORE DELICIOUS RIFT NEWS!!!

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:18AM (Unverified) said

Ok, I started my Day 2 post on HorRIFTic Intentions. It can be found at the link below! I have put up the first of the new info I have, which is very little so far, but I will continuously update the post all night. Check back often!

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:36AM ZenJitsu said

This game used to be higher on my priority list of MMOs to check out...but after seeing it live at PAX, unfortunately it has dropped on that list.

Basically, the question I was asking myself was 'what does this game do differently I can't get better or cheaper elsewhere?' With GW2 on the horizon, DDO and LotRO free to play, and TERA looking better, I simply couldn't come up with a satisfying answer. Not slamming it, just how it reverberated with me (previously bigger fan).

Thanks for the consolidation of info though, it was informative!

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:46AM SwobyJ said

A big draw to me is how the game may be the 'whole package', including community. I really don't think I'll find a nicer place in TOR and GW2, unless I find a good guild. But I don't want to restrict myself on that - I want a good overall community, especially after unsubbing from WoW.

Personally:
-GW2 may be a buy for me, but since its f2p, sure, I can spend my lunch money on another game as well
-DDO didn't stick with me, at all
-I don't want a LotR game. lol, that's it :)
-need to be convinced about TERA aside from its beautiful graphics

If the game if $50-55 and subscription is $15/mo, I can certainly deal with that.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 12:47AM (Unverified) said

This game is currently top of the list for me, even after noticing it may be somewhat clonish to other MMO's. It still looks to be of such high quality that I don't care. Top of my list baby.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 3:41AM SwobyJ said

I've said it before - if this is a WoW clone, then its pretty much the super intelligent super soldier genetically modified to be the best it can be clone.

Ahem..so yeah, in that way, it might be a WoW clone.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 7:24AM (Unverified) said

Agree 100% there. RIFT doesn't try to invent the wheel; it refines what is there, and looks to be well thought out.

I'm very much looking forward to exploring a new world, and watching it grow.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 7:59AM (Unverified) said

apart of the new and incradible graphs, what new things have this game?

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 8:15AM (Unverified) said

The soul system is new ... and interesting. Kinda useless to explain it here, though, just check the official website - it's a decently complex system that promises quite a bit of freedom to players :-)