Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 1:35PM Deadalon said

THis game needed a massive work on the UI and the settings system. One thing for example... the FONTTYPE in the game is NOT a font for fantasy based MMO game. Im sorry but what on earth are the developers of the game thinking leaving one of the KEY element of the game left untouched for years ? Its not like they havn't been told...

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 2:56PM (Unverified) said

I agree.. I have a hard time reading that skinny font, would be nice to be able to change that.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 11:55PM Cristiano Cenizo said

This is the one of the most irksome issues for me in LotRO. The fonts remind me so much of Papyrus and Arial... a.k.a. bland, boring, lifeless, amateur.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

hope the LUA brings in good amount of features to work on the UI changes. I have been trying to cope with the skinning project and being limited too much on the element positioning and font changes.

All i cant say is cant wait! Hope not to get disappointed too

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 2:40PM (Unverified) said

At last :-)

I always had problems with the UI in LOTRO, it felt and looked "wooden" to me - serviceable but uninspiring. I'm very happy that this change is coming up ... looks like better times ;-)

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 2:42PM Dril said

To anyone who's going to cry about this meaning GearScore for LOTRO...don't. GearScore relies on the item level of an item being displayed. LOTRO does NOT do this. You will not have a GearScore.

Thanks.

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 12:34AM (Unverified) said

We don't want damage and/or threat meters that show any stats other than your own, also.

And they don't have to add a "Gearscore" mechanic, it's already ingame. It's called "Radiance".

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 3:14PM Dranaerys said

Dominos, Skada and Baudbag plz.

That is all. Thankyou.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 4:29PM (Unverified) said

Umm, welcome to present. All useful game engines should expose tunable user interface behaviors since the original ui mostly useless in practive. This is just the first step. It takes many iterations to deploy/tune/expand scripting features like this. So it will be a rough ride, but at least its in the right direction.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2010 9:34PM C Rose said

Hey guys, and news on a Massively.com LotRO guild? I think it'd be a great idea, i.e. Exploring Eberron....

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 4:32PM (Unverified) said

Massive Hobbits on brandywine, IIRC...

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 11:29AM Valdamar said

Lua UIs in LOTRO? Then I guess it won't be long until damage meters and threat meters become almost mandatory in groups, and players begin to care more about the damage their teammates are doing than what some Hobbits are up to in the storyline :p

I like in-game customisability in my UIs but I hate Lua and out-of-game UI modding tbh - you just start using some player created mods you really like, and get used to, then either the creator quits and stops updating them, and/or the Developers of the game put out a patch that breaks lots of UI mods and/or their functionality then your chosen UI doesn't get updated for ages (if at all) and you have to change UI all over again and get used to something new. Also there's potential conflicts if you use a couple of different UI mods and they clash.

I only played WoW for 6 months, but my UI mods kept giving me so many problems after every patch (even though I was using supposedly mainstream popular ones) that I ended up just going back to the default UI - Lua UI mods are just too much hassle in the long run unless they're aesthetic only, or officially supported. Had similar experiences in other MMOs, though not quite as bad.

Posted: Sep 5th 2010 11:33AM pcgneurotic said

My two favourite mmog UIs of all time, EQII and LoTRO, are also two of the most popularly disliked. My theory is that these two have a very classy look; subtle and refined. They're the wine and cheese of game interfaces, whereas it seems that most people would rather have McDonald's.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM