Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:26AM cic said

I actually got past the "Server Error" once this morning but was greeted with the notice "Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended". Bleh :/

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:39AM rchapoteau said

I'm getting the same message. Suspended open beta.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:29AM (Unverified) said

The patcher is horrible. I left it running overnight and i only got to 5%. If this is how the patching will be on release I won't even consider buying this game. Looks like I'll just have to wait for Star Wars.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:05PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Joe your a Joke if you say you are canceling a game cuz of download's man what a way to show people that you are open minded, got to remember there is ALOT of people tryin to beat you to the punch punk ! lol anyways I rather see you leave if you are not that commented to a game cuz you wont make it anywhere in a FF game if you are not dedicated PEACE

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 5:15PM vatrak said

You might want to stop playing mmo then (or at least not play them at launch)... because it happen with every major mmo....lol

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:33AM Eiffel109 said

For those who can't update fast enough:

-Port forward all UDP/TCP ports to 55296-55551.
-Port 443 UDP should also be forwarded.
-Also make sure you run the updater AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Here is the trick from a forum wich worked perfectly for me.
GL & HF

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:35AM (Unverified) said

I couldn't connect at all last night. At 7AM EST I got the following:

"Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again. "

Unfortunately, there's no way for me to get updates about that unless I click through the site (it's not mentioned on the entry page), and now I'm getting the high traffic errors again.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:35AM (Unverified) said

Hm? No, I had the proper address and everything. Every time I clicked on "Apply for the open beta test," I got the 'server congestion please try again later' server error page. Literally every single time, after the first two times which only loaded a big gray page with a dead image link with the headliner 'Maintenance' after ten minutes. Like I said, a big cluster-you-know-what.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:38AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 4:36PM extispex said

I find it really hard to believe that people are even going to be able to play this game. I was in Alpha and Beta tests. There is so much lag and the connection issues are astounding. This was of course the closed beta. And it was never fixed. You couldn't even be in a city. I highly highly highly doubt they fixed this. I hear people griping over mechanics, but the real problem is that square-enix has no idea how to develop for a pc. Their downloader is horrible, their servers are horrible, their control scheme is horrible.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:40AM (Unverified) said

I got passed the Server error, just like cic. And was met with the same thing. Temporarily suspended....

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 11:43AM Syesta said

SE Servers got hit with the bum rush *hard*

All servers (Registration, Support, Login, Game, etc) are down for emergency maintenance at the moment.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 1:32PM Letrange said

I will note that THIS is why you have open beta tests. To get these nice little issues out of the way BEFORE the official launch. Keep hammering the nodes.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:01PM (Unverified) said

Dude check your email also if you where in closed beta all you had to do was log into your SE acct and register your country etc etc and you will reciege a EMAIL with your beta key, I thought the same as you til I ran into a post on FFXIVcore and forgot that I made a NEW email cuz my old email was being used for FFXI and I didnt want to merge them together right yet. Don't be made just log into your SE acct. and then follow the Directions and you will get your beta key just like they intended.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:11PM Monkey D Luffy said

Where did they say they are not giving out Beta keys to people that were in closed beta?

I had two accounts in closed beta and I'm expecting an email.

I already got in through last nights give away but I'd like to get an invite for my friend and cousins.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:20PM (Unverified) said

Amazing how many people want to play this. Reminds me of the rush on the Warhammer servers. Now THAT was a frustrating start of open beta.

Hopefully FFXIV will be able to sustain the interest.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:25PM Syesta said

Patch Server is back online.
Downloading may commence once again.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:26PM Teki said

to bad they didn't email keys out and had people pre-register.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:46PM (Unverified) said

I was finally able to get an open beta key and register my account last night, that wasn't too big of a problem. The real issue is how incompetent this downloader is. Really? 2010 and this is their best solution? God I want to punch a puppy.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:48PM (Unverified) said

Meh, I can wait my 20 Days for my CE to arrive and then log into a Retail Game where servers will be stable and I can enjoy my time.

( This is most likely not going to be the case, but we all can dream, right?)

Just the same as my AoC CE, and Warhammer CE before that, and AION more recently... shall I just wait for Cataclysm or my the SW:ToR CE...?