Posted: Aug 31st 2010 8:19PM (Unverified) said

This guy is a compositional fucking genius.

I bow to his musical power.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 2:49AM EngadgetSoFunny said

He also seems so polite and down to earth. I don't mean that in a stereotypical fake-politeness for societal convention japanese-way that we see sometimes but just a genuinely nice guy. Its cool to hear that there are going to be 70-80 tracks because this at least to me feels like we won't be hearing the same music over and over again.

If this same interview was with Usher or Jay-Z, he'd keep grabbing his crotch and making arm movements to show his bling bling watch and talk about how its all about his music and how he gets his inspiration form blah blah blahd and what a musical genius he is.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 8:48PM wjowski said

Well at least even if the rest of the game completely blows it'll have good music.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 9:02PM ZoneOuT said

Final Fantasy always had amazing and memorable music behind it. Great interview this guy is has awesome talent, cant wait to hear some of it in game.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 9:29PM (Unverified) said

Totally. Music is one of the best elements in any FF game. Even if I hate the story or characters, the music just instantly turns my pants to cream.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 9:49PM Funkwell said

yup, might have to hook up the surround system for this soundtrack instead of using headphones

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 11:57PM (Unverified) said

Bloody hell.. that Susan Calloway has the musical voice of a mythical goddess... it's a crime that I haven't heard of her until today.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 12:53AM Addfwyn said

People may be divided about the game, but I think everyone should probably at least pick up the soundtrack, cause Uematsu really is just that brilliant. An amazing composer in any medium, and one of the best for video games bar none.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 12:44AM (Unverified) said

Sweet hat man.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 7:29AM (Unverified) said

Ah yes, Uematsu-sensei is back. How I miss his beautiful works. FF XII and FF XIII music was totally bland without him. It may be good for other JRPG titles but certainly not up to FF standard built by Uematsu-sensei.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 10:03AM Sunlover said

Mr. Uematsu is a brilliant musician. When I learned that he was scoring FF XIV, I was very happy to hear it. It's great to see him working on a Final Fantasy game once again.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 11:48AM (Unverified) said

Will probably not be buying FF XIV, but will definetly be buying the soundtrack. Good modern composers are hard to find, or as brilliant. If you've ever listened to the soundtrack of FF X (To Zanarkand being my favorite), or FF VII : Advent Children (beautiful rifts), know how much emotion he can put in a score. Just bloody brilliant.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 7:36PM karnisov said

don't forget ff4 soundtrack, that was pretty epic too.