Posted: Aug 31st 2010 12:48PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
2.0 will be Epic, this game just gets better and better evry month. with the CryEngine 3 update, hopefully the next expansion, or major patch will have updated graphics....!!

But for real if you havent played Aion yet, now is a great time to get into it.
It can get overwhelming at times, no worries tho, there are very dedicated players that are willing to hlp you out.
Aion, Zikel,ftw.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 1:06PM Bijaz said

2.0 will suck just as much as hitting level 50 did. They are throwing out a little bit of content and upping the level cap instead of just providing more content for the already empty level 50.

So great, you get another 5 levels to grind out then realize again that there is no content after a few weeks.

Doesn't Aion run on CryEngine1? The chances of seeing any features from 3 are pretty slim to none.

Also, Zikel sucks, what is it, like 20 - 1 ratio in favour of Elyos? (last time I checked on that free to play weekend it was insane).

Aion had a charm, but NC Soft killed it with their attitude and horrible design practices. Though I'm sure Elyos think its a great PvE game.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 1:12PM Monkey D Luffy said

Sounds like you were payed to say that.

The game sucks.
It has no soul, the gameplay is bad there are no likeable characters, story is garbage, ect.
The only good thing in the game is the environment and a few classes (Spiritmaster).

They even had to make a fake gameplay video of the game to trick people into buying it.

Koreans make bad MMOs.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 1:56PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
@primarch, lol, even i can appreciate some great dripping sarcasm, well done, well done. (grin)

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 2:21PM Hockster said

80% damage nerfs when rifting, needing both forts to access the contested isn't gonna happen for 1 faction on every server, 10X as many guards, this is gonna be PvE at it's peak. 2.0 is what will finally kill Aion in the west.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 1:02PM Oizu said

I thought they said that everything that was in the future visions trailer had no ETA and may well never come out? In other words it was all a load of BS?

Besides, since my account got hacked thanks to NCSoft's terrible account security, and then that lead to them deleting my characters, I don't think anything will make me return.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 2:12PM Joshua Przygocki said

Same here... I even lost access to my Guild Wars account, so now I'm screwed when GW2 comes out...

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 2:11PM Joshua Przygocki said

So releasing content for the tens of western players who stuck around to hit 50.

Why not spend time on 1-50 instead...

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 2:37PM Bijaz said

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed spending 2 hours a time doing steel rake from 40 - 50.

Ok so that was only part-sarcastic, SR was an amazing instance. It's a shame it was the only thing that you could do between 40 and 46.

Why cant I change my damn name, massively? WHY?!?

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 3:46PM Bijaz said

Hurr Durr?

^relevant.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 4:36PM Georgio said

I will not play this garbage again even if they pay me $15 per month :). Let Aion rest in piece, its already dead and stinking.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 6:59PM Joshua Przygocki said

Just because we aren't masochists doesn't mean we are carebears.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 9:35PM (Unverified) said

At least try to be underhanded with your trolling. :(

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 12:03AM ultimateq said

Am I the only one who thought they were looking at an image from Tabula Rasa.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 9:51AM (Unverified) said

I'm slightly horrified by the way this is going to be done. I still have a few questions though...

Is there going to be a limit to the amount of people that can head into your area of Balaurea once the other faction meets the pre-reqs? Considering they expect the other faction to be able to take your forts I'm doubting that there is.

That being said....if an infinite amount of Elyos can head into the Gelkarmos once the forts are captured...what's to prevent constant griefing of one race? How is one faction supposed to stop an endless supply of the other faction breaking through the doors?

I can foresee even more faction imbalances cropping up on the horizon.

Posted: Sep 1st 2010 6:22PM (Unverified) said

Faction imbalances is more likely the players fault. You want a balanced game then come together and decide to play the other side so it evens out. No matter what NCsoft does people will keep playing their precious OP faction and the game will never be faction balanced. God I'm so tired of the 21st century kids (the spoiled generation mark my words).

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 4:11AM Langx2 said

The hell are you talking about tyler? Faction imbalance is 100% ncsoft's fault. You can't have a 2 sided "faction" game and expect anything but one side raping the other as time goes on. The only way to ensure "balance" when there are only 2 sides is to give everyone the exact same skills, gear, levels, and only allow a certain number of people to show up at any given fight (instance everything into a battle ground or something).

Ncsoft, of course, did none of those things. They made one side easier to level up on, one side easier to gear up on, and for no apparent reason gave each side from drastically different skills. Then they made sure factions would be imbalanced by not only offering restriction free free transfers, but offered obvious incentives for stacking one side on any given server with their last event.

I'm so sick and tired of late 20th century kids pretending they are adults and blaming the next generation. The current generation acts exactly how the older ones taught them to act. If you want to blame anyone, blame yourself for not fixing them when they were still fixable.