Posted: Aug 29th 2010 4:31PM (Unverified) said

I don't actually have all that much to say about Global Agenda - but that's a good thing in this case! I rolled up a robotics-based character, who can deploy shields, turrets, drones, etc. while also providing supporting fire.

The combat is fast-paced and fun, which makes even your basic questing and leveling up pretty enjoyable (though I imagine the novelty there would wear off at some point). Everything feels very smooth and the controls are great, which is super important to me.

I didn't have any issues with installing like Beau did, but those kinds of technical problems can vary greatly from machine to machine, so it's not that strange that we would have vastly different experiences on that front.

I definitely enjoyed playing the game, and it sure will stay on my hard drive. Will I go ahead and buy the full game? I'm not sure yet - my classes start soon and I may not have much time to play, but if I had more time then I think I definitely would. If you've been in doubt about the game, just give it a try; you've got nothing to lose and you'll probably have a lot of fun.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 11:05PM Fakeassname said

I think that BECAUSE your starting classes you should buy the game. it's a good way to blow off some quick tension, most any other game requires you to log in for hours to get anything done (hell, some games take hours just to walk to where you need to go).

with GA you can just log in to play for 15 minutes (AKA 1 match) and then log out, it's also really easy to not get cough up in things like other games because if I only have 45 min I know I can play 3 matches. other games I tend to get myself into trouble by losing track of time in them and playing too long when I have to get to class.

.... maybe that should be Hi-Rez's new selling point: Global Agenda, the best thing to buy for school.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 4:40PM hansh0tfirst said

I think you hit the nail on the head. Global Agenda is very much a spiritual successor to Tribes. And that's a great thing.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 5:05PM hansh0tfirst said

"There's my wife! …I'm…shorter…than you? Really??"

LMAO!

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 6:45PM bylthe said

Love this game.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 7:28PM mav1234 said

When can players start participating in PvP in this game? I made a character, and while the quests are fine and combat is fun, I want to go shoot some fools (or get shot as the case may be).

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 9:14PM swarmofcats said

Pretty sure that pvp becomes available at level 8. Or maybe 10.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 12:39PM (Unverified) said

It's not recommended to start doing PvP until level 20.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 1:59PM GryphonStalker said

You can start to PvP at level 10.

I'm not sure where all this don't PvP till 20 business started. That was old advice for when the level brackets were different. I say the sooner you learn the better. Although it's good to do the quests out in desert so you can get upgraded armor and weapon/devices.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 7:36PM Pingles said

Comparing to Tribes?

SACRILEGE!

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 8:09PM (Unverified) said

Im so glad you guys enjoyed it. Ive been playing for about 1-2 months and i bought it within the first 3-4 hours of gameplay. Im an avid Darkfall fan but at the moment i cant financially afford to play but Global Agenda does a perfect job getting my kicks off. Im sorry i missed the event i bet it was a blast. I get to take part in my first AvA hopefully tomorrow.

Oh and to Fel u can start PvP at lvl 10 i think, which takes no time at all. A friend helped me do pve last night and i went from 8-18 after all the missions except the last which requires a full group of 4.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 8:17PM (Unverified) said

Edit: hahahah that was me talking to you at the beginning. didnt know you were recording. ;D

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 7:08AM (Unverified) said

shazbot!

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 10:19PM (Unverified) said

Definitely a great game, and also really enjoyed the write up. Its great to see some new blood. =) /w iKill in game if you ever have any questions!

15% off coupons for use in buying GA! Use them here: http://www.globalagendagame.com/thegame_shop.html

GACOUPLUBERUS41600
GACOUPLUBERUS41601
GACOU246936041601

If those run out, here are some 10% ones:
GACOU246936021430
GACOU246936030800

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 11:05PM Fakeassname said

I'm really sad I missed all three events this week, school just started and I had to drop two classes then pick up three more.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 4:59AM TheGreatMachine said

Tribes ey? Can you ski?

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 8:02AM lizardbones said

I bought GA because I needed something to do, but didn't want to commit to playing with a subscription. The game is different enough from the WoW crowd and similar enough to the TF2 crowd that I enjoyed playing it.

I would like to see a little more open world quest type content after level 17, but I think it should be mixed in with the missions (think instanced dungeons) and mercenary missions (PvP). The developers ~do~ plan on adding more of that type content, so we're good. :-)

I have done the Raids and the AvA and both are similar to the PvE/PvP content up to level 30, but there's more reward for what you're doing, and in the case of AvA, it feels more important. Not bad for the $40 I spent. Not bad at all. I'll buy the expansion when it comes out.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 8:22AM Bartlebe said

This game is NOT like Tribes.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 4:34PM wcdregon said

I love GA! I randomly found it on Steam for 5 bucks when they had a sale earlier in the summer. Its currently my main MMO game. It does have its shortcomings, but since the release of the expansion things have really gotten much much much better. I would recommend this game to anyone. I hate shooters and this one snagged me. Also its compatible with xbox and ps3 controllers hooked up to your PC.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 7:56AM (Unverified) said

plenty of fun in GA :)

medics will take fall damage when dropped from jetpacking. all classes do. recons can equip "bionics" (the boost thing that makes you jump high) which cancels all fall damage. no such luck for other classes... a little bit of jetpack before touching the ground saves your health :)
| 1 | 2 |