Posted: Aug 28th 2010 11:35AM Ocho said

I'll be hopping between STO and EQ2X this weekend, and possibly some GW1 thrown in for good measure... but thats during my free time, of which who knows when it will be. :)

On the rest system, I completely agree with Lisa. When I play a game, I want to enjoy the content, not rush through it. So rewarding me by allowing me to rush through it easier is not my thing.

Thanks guys!

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 11:50AM Saker said

Working on downloading/installing EverQuest Project: 1999 right now, hopefully get some classic fun in! Also will be playing Stronghold Kingdoms Alpha, and Fallen Earth.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 11:51AM koehler83 said

I have a job and a life. I have to put aside the game whether I like it or not. While I can understand the furor of a grinding penalty.. it wouldn't have much of an effect on me anyway. I don't like the idea of rewarding not playing either.

I can say that after a few years in Final Fantasy XI, the idea of no EXP party lasting more than 15 hours in a row is inherently appealing to me.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 12:10PM Pingles said

I will be playing the Early open Beta of Zentia. It's currently an obsession so that will be it.

I always liked the way WoW gave you an XP bonus when you returned from being offline.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 12:29PM Tethadam said

Some WoW Cataclysm beta(finishing Hyjal off), then maybe try some EQ2X out. Then a 10man ICC raid on Sunday.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 1:15PM GRT said

I wish I had a cute little fennec fox to curl up on my desk...

I salute Square-Enix for trying something different. MMO gamers constantly complain about games being clones of one another...then whenever a dev does anything slightly different, they get shat upon by another continent of MMO gamers.

They just can't win.

If I try the system and don't like it, I'll play something else. There's plenty of games out there. No need to get all butt-hurt over one dev doing something you don't like.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 3:29PM Its Utakata stupid said

That's odd, GRT...GW2 is trying something a little different. You don't here too many complaints about that. Perhaps, Square Enix is doing something wrong. /shrug

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 4:57PM GRT said

We must travel in completely different circles. All the GW players I know are pissed off as hell that GW2 has 80 levels and a focus on gear.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 5:24PM Its Utakata stupid said

Nope...the exact same circle. Care to share findings to this claim of yours? I think many of us would be interested to know.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 1:17PM Heyooooo said

There should be laws against anything being as adorable as those two in the picture.

I know, I know, it has nothing to do with MMO's. I just felt that it needed to be said.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 3:53PM Blacknimbus said

World of Tanks beta is on hiatus until the 1st....bleh.

But I'll probably have enough refunded to me to get a Panther, so I'm cool.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 6:14PM Tallican said

The withdrawals from WoT are too severe! I need my Tiger II!~
I thought I wouldn't find this game interesting, but was I wrong. So much fun!
US test servers here we come!

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 8:50PM alucard3000 said

I dont have a problem with rested xp and IMO I dont see it as being rewarded for "not playing" because when it comes down to the bottom line I am still paying even when I am not or can not play.Everyone doesn't have the same amount of time to play or maybe the same amount of stamina to stay in the same environment for as long as someone else but you still are paying for the same amount of time as those who do so small return of what rested xp does is welcome in my house.
As far as what I am playing this weekend that would be some Heroes of Three Kingdoms,the cb of Uncharted Waters Online and the trial for POTBS.

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM