Posted: Aug 29th 2010 6:43AM Pan1 said

I returned to WAR a few weeks ago and I had fun for about 4 days.

Then I reached T4 again and the same fundamental issue's that were present from launch were still there.

Look for me its simple, after this sub runs out I'm just not giving them anymore of my money. Its the only way I can tell them that what WAR is doing is not OK.
2 years with only 1 real content update (more or less) at a 15 "currency" per month is not acceptable.

I understand the people who will buy these packs, because they love to play WAR. And most of the times when we love something we just don't think rationally. There is no rational thought behind paying for "DLC" in a MMORPG you have supported with a monthly subscription.

The method of offering DLC is already questionable in single players let alone in a MMORPG.

Though I think WAR is only showing the true colours of everyone involved.
Everyone being EA, Bioware,Games Workshop and MMO players.
I intentionally skipped Mythic because Mythic is only a name, what made Mythic is no longer making Mythic.

Its a prelude of things to come and you can take that in the way that makes you feel more comfortable.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 7:56AM (Unverified) said

What did actually happen last weekend anyway? I saw the skaven related teaser here on Massively, and then...nothing. Did they just not actually announce anything?

I've been back in WAR for about three weeks now, and it shows dreadful signs of neglect. And what on earth was the idea behind making me tramp all the way to Altdorf temple every time I want to train skills or dye armour? The whole thing just feels as if no-one involved with the game is actually playing it anymore.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 1:07PM (Unverified) said

Interview with Carrie and Andy about the RvR and WAR from the GamesCom (English interview)

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 1:18PM kazamxi said

Pure speculation and wishful thinking:

To unlock Skaven you need to have one class at max level. Skaven are then unlocked on all servers.
Skaven are playable with 2 - 4 classes (depending how much time Mythic can put into them)
All Skaven start out at max level but with only basic skills.
Skaven receive new skills as they gain renown ranks along with talent points etc.
Skaven are NOT aligned with any Order or Destruction and are seen as hostile to both factions
Skaven can attack players of both factions
Skaven players receive bonus renown for killing the faction currently winning the war
They get bonus renown for taking keeps from the faction currently winning the war
Only 1 new zone is added with a Skaven theme and Skaven camp with Training NPCs
Skaven are locked to T4
New quests are added for Skaven in existing T4 zones to provide story
Skaven spawn in warcamps under the T4 RvR zones and can travel through tunnels to surface at 3 - 4 different locations in each zone. Tunnel entrances are protected by Warcamp guards
Skaven can't craft
Skaven get Warpstone as quest rewards and through PvP.
Warpstone is used to give Skaven stat boosts just like linaments etc and to buy potions, talismans etc.

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 4:08PM oGGe said

IF Skaven is played on both sides its going to be by PLAYERS from both sides, and the skaven will be in their separate side imho, as stated they would not be in any army of order or Destro.

Or.....Id guess we could join with one of your regular chars as a kind of "skaven agent" and then we would have a kind of third realm but consisting of characters from both Destro and Order? ...justa guess

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 6:30PM Deadalon said

Where does it say that Skaven will be playable ? All they say now is that they are not gonna be NPC third faction... That doesn't mean that they will be playable.

And the lore will be destroyed 20 times over if they are gonna put Skaven into destro or order...

Posted: Aug 29th 2010 11:34PM (Unverified) said

I will never understand the hatred of this game. If you don't like WAR then simply go away (I'm looking right at you Deadalon). This is why I no longer even visit Massively. That article is pure trash. The only reason I even came to massively today was because of some tweets I recieved.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 2:11AM Greg W said

I'm sorry you feel that way. If it makes you feel any better, I'm just a player, just like you. I don't have any more access to information than you do, and I'm just as frustrated about the game as a lot of people are, which you would know if you had visited the official forums on the bioware social site.

Anyway, I have to agree with you about Deadalon. He camps my column and squeezes out a biscuit on it every week. I imagine him as a sort of cartoony figure with a megaphone duct-taped to his face and an otherworldly need to be seen and heard by everyone while he makes an ass of himself. He seems to me to be the type that leaves the door to the washroom open while he moves his bowels.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 7:04AM Deadalon said

Im sorry Greg but lets stick to the topic ?

I dont care what ppl think of me - but lets stick to the rules of these website and skip the personal attacks. Pointing out the flaws of a MMO game is not forbidden on this site. If someone can argue my case and say Im lying and Im not sticking to the facts - then go ahead. But again personal attacks are not allowed here.

Anyway - War is a game that has multiple issues. We all know it. What Im trying to point out here that if ANY company is going to take an IP and make a game of it... they better do it properly instead of creating a "niche" game with no backing - funding - and very little live development. Thats the point I will keep mentioning here. These are just facts that we all know. Just like its a fact that Aion does not yet have a free trial. SO... when I ask "is there a free trial for Aion yet" in every post here. Call it trolling or whatever - but its still facts - and still not any worse than namecalling that aparently is allowed by some on this website.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 8:43AM ShadowWar said

@Deadalon

Noone can counter any of your arguments, because nothing you say has any basis in factual reality.

From your posts on this very article:

"So... there are gonna be 3 packs .... each costing like 25-40 USD...offering alot less than an expansion back...DLC needs CONTENT - These packs are not offering anything in terms of content... just RR ranks.. items...you have to pay 50-70 USD by the looks of it..."

"... they dont even have the coders to do that... The truth is that they are not gonna spend the money...look at the agains all odds video and see how bad it really is..."

So, not only do you know how well staffed the company is, you know how it works internally, and you also know exactly how the packs are going to be priced before any details have even been announced. I'm sure all of this is factual data you can backup and not just mere supposition on your part, or hyperbole used to strengthen your claim. And given that surety, I await your revelation of information to the masses so you can asauge their concerns.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 10:57AM Deadalon said

@Shadow WAR

There are gonna be 3 packs - I base my price set on the DLCs that Bioware has been releasing. Its not complicated - its the same company using the exact same method. Without the added content tho...

The game is understaffed and most of the orginal crew has left and is working on other projects. Do some research yourself and find out ?

Yes... the truth is that they are NOT gonna spend money to do fully support this game. Cause if they did - then they would have ALREADY done so over the last 2 years. 2 years that have been used to cut down content instead of increasing it and adding to the lacking features. Instead they removed parts of the game - Turned other into wastelands and have done very little to make those areas and maps feel like they have any meaning in the game.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 4:41AM (Unverified) said

You never replied to my last comment Greg............sad panda

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 8:49AM Greg W said

The new sovereign sets are definitely nice, and I got lucky! XD

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 6:00AM (Unverified) said

they need to solve the lag in the game,it's a freaking month now or more that wea re playing like this and no info about it,we got 6 maintenance in 10 days,and in europe it's from 14.00 to 18.00! they need to fix their server and game first!not asking for more money.just look an npc pathing and have a laugh! thanks god that another pvp oriented mmo is coming next year

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 10:46AM Deadalon said

Yes there is major lag on Europe servers atm. For me its only on the world servers - not the scenarios so its defenetly a technical problem from their side. ATM its worse than what GOA was offering.

Posted: Aug 30th 2010 11:01AM (Unverified) said

@Greg Waller

I apologize. I should not have said your article was trash because it is not.

It would have benefitted from a little more research though. WAR is in a great place and only getting better. I agree with your assessment of Deadalon as well.

Shadow War did a great job summing up the Q&A here:

I know this Q&A came out after your article but there is some great info there.

Posted: Aug 31st 2010 6:14AM (Unverified) said

I must agree with you.

Getting skavens for both sides as a monster-playing classes is just much less than anyone could ever expect from Warhammer... Were we have a ton of armies awaiting to be played.

Instead of that we don't get 2 new races after TWO YEARS of waiting, but we get a small patch (paid patch) to play a new race as monsters in both sides. Worst thing of all is that this new race in particular could NEVER PLAY ALONG WITH ORDER. Dwarfs just hate the ratmen, they even have a mastery path called SKAVENSLAYER. So have a guess, its just not possible and they should know it.

So yeah, now my dwarf will have to group up with skavens while they see my skaven-skin cloak hanging on my back. Everybody will be happy.

This is not what was expected from Mythic after 2 years of waiting. Only 1 new race, and not even a full race. Just monster-play shit that nobody cares about.

To me, it seems that BioWare Mythic has lost all hope on WAR, and they just want to keep it alive with the less effort possible on it.