Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:13AM Fabius Bile said

• Half a heart
hate to be a negative nancy, but the game looks really bad and outdated, imo it poses no chance going head to head against the new games like Rift GW2 SWToR or TERA.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:18AM deffbee said

• Half a heart
I agree. It looks like second life with lame skill animations.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:24AM Pitt said

looks great, very original, nice to see a new genre instead of fantasy

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:27AM Snichy said

"Really bad and outdated"? Thats a bit presumptuous considering very little information was shown or been released. I agree some of the cutscenes and character animations need improving before launch but sInce when do graphics make a bad game? The graphics appear to have their own style (like SWTOR does) and should not be compared to others and I think there is room for this kind of game in the genre.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 11:28AM Panicbutton said

Pretty tough feedback when the graphics engine is going to be lacking some/most/all(?) of it's polish this early in development.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 1:52PM Wild Colors said

It's not going for the ultra-realistic look that some of the next gen MMOs are trying for (e.g. TERA). I didn't think it was bad though, and the voice acting seemed great. It was roughly equivalent to the old Vampire Masquerade FPS/RPG (or maybe I think they're similar because of the story), which I still enjoy immensely.

Could it use a little improvement? Sure, and I suspect that it will look a bit better at release. At the same time, one of the great strengths of WoW was that it played on all sorts of hardware, even when it was released. Arguably, one of the failures of AoC was that it required such a heavy duty machine to make it look good, especially when it was first released.

I'm of the opinion that art direction is more important to drawing the player into the game than is the graphics engine itself.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 2:07PM (Unverified) said

Sorry but the graphics in ToR and Rift aren't much to write home about (especially ToR). More horror MMOs plz.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 3:38PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
comparing such cliched wow clones as TOR to TSW? Really?

Either you already are too drugged by neverending stupid hyp eof TOR or you have no common sense o.O

TSW is original. I thas no levels or classes. It has an awesome idea. it is penned by Ragnar Tornquist.

TOR is a generic wow clone themepark with cartoon graphics and "storyline" that ruins the KOTOR saga.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 7:02PM niakori said

@Unknown

"cartoon graphics" , "wow clone", wild speculations, thinly veiled personal attacks..
Oops sorry, tripped over *your* pile of cliches.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:17AM twittles said

been waiting to see this. thanks.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:16AM MrGutts said

Would have been better with this theme music. :)

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 12:14PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
LMFAO yea it would of been much better with that for its theme song really it would LOL that music they did have playing didnt feel right it needed some upbeat music b/c that old music was not really mixing in well LOL

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:18AM AlluvianEstEndrati said

Awesome. This game keeps looking better and better. Hopefully they get a bit less secretive with information once we actually get closer to some (as of yet secret) release date.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:20AM Snichy said

Ive been very excited about this game for some time noe as its exactly the kind of game I have been waiting for. Despite what appears to be disappointing character animations/graphics (which hopefully will be improved) this video only makes me more excited. I am well aware that I shouldnt be too excited about a game at such an early stage but I will be inconsolable if this turns out to be rubbish!

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:41AM (Unverified) said

This game is so up my alley. Finally, something different!

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:47AM (Unverified) said

Well....actually I was hoping for something a bit more eerie and thought provoking, from this movie (and looking only at the movie) it looks like a typical bash'em crawl with a boss at the end.

I hope there is more to it then GW style builds and boss fights...

As far as the graphics comments...it looks like the AoC engine to me.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:49AM Thac0 said

It looks like a winner to me!

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:53AM (Unverified) said

I agree, something different finally. Can't wait for an early beta test to see what the game mechanics and story line are all about. I love the idea of using secret societies as a game background though. Fingers crossed for this one....

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 11:01AM niakori said

Looks awesome, but as torak mentioned I hope there's more to the gameplay than combat. No classes or levels? *grin*

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 11:26AM (Unverified) said

I don't need cutting edge graphics to enjoy myself... not that I think the graphics look bad -- they are fine, and I like the style.

I'm just excited to play a new Ragnar Tornquist game.

EVE Evolved: EVE Online vs. Elite: Dangerous