Posted: Aug 27th 2010 11:11AM Anatidae said

@Dranaerys No offense, but I think WoW raids are a prime example of following directions at the right time.

Boss does X move, we run. Boss now does Y move, we attack. Oh, there is special move Z - dps on the add. And so on.

The only time you have to improvise really is when someone screws up and does not follow directions. I typically play a healer or tank and as a healer I think I end up with the most dynamic play because the random damage seems to be the most unpredictable of the encounters.

I am not saying that WoW isn't fun. There is fun about learning the encounter, practicing until you get all in sync. And, of course, getting gear that makes the encounter easier and easier which also creates a sense of skill building (although, it is just really a boost to your damage output and damage mitigation)

My point is, even if Mages had to actually aim their spells, maybe you might take mages who can aim better than others. Real player skill could take place other than your gear score and ability to press the right button at the right time.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 8:42AM Zalasta said

I don't support the fatigue system, but I think the people that won't give it a chance is just as shortsighted and narrow-minded as SE. The fact is no one knows what the threshold is and how it will affect each of us individually. Luckily a lot of things in MMO aren't set in stone and can be continuously tweaked as needed.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 10:47AM Celestian said

@Dymphna my apologies, was a joke in bad taste. My point still stands, you can get more results from positive reinforcement.

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 5:01PM (Unverified) said

I personal thing all MMO┬┤s should have a system that allows you to play some amount is the game per day. I wonder why many see it so dangerous to have a real life and do other stuff than play the same game for hours of hours until they past out or so I have read 5 or 6 times that some one played like wow for so long they died cuz they did not eat or sleep. So it seams players wanna kill them self with a game ? I thing that Final fantasy's fatigue system is a nice idea and a step on they way. But hey if you wanna kill your self be my guest.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014