Posted: Aug 26th 2010 1:23PM phatbhuda said

Sadly, you can not trade gold pressed latinum with other players.

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 1:27PM Stormwaltz said

Clearly we need parrises squares. :P

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 1:42PM (Unverified) said

My lobes tell me I shouldn't trade my latinum anyways, its mine...MINE!

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 2:23PM claytondora said

I'm personally pining for Calto... or Cotiscott.

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 2:27PM Eamil said

Tongo ( http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tongo ) always seemed interesting to me. The writers apparently never fleshed out the rules entirely, leading to some odd contradictions between episodes if you pay close attention during DS9, so it's not like Cryptic couldn't just come up with their own rules for that.

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 2:56PM (Unverified) said

Yes, I would love Tongo!

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 4:59PM Krag said

Yes! Always sounded like a mix of poker and Monopoly on the show.

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 2:41PM Myopic Aardvark said

Still can't team in Exploration clusters, so I've given up playing entirely at the moment. Good solo game, bad MMO :(

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 4:09AM mysecretid said

@Myopic Aardvark

They've pushed through a number of fix-patches lately, and I do believe exploration teaming has been fixed. Try asking on the STO forums if you need a solid confirmation before heading back in.

Cheers,

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 3:04PM krstew said

has this game or champions online gotten any better? Everything I hear is so negative yet then reading things like the interview with Jack Emmert makes it seem like they have improved a lot, but just can't escape the original reviews

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 3:18PM benfolds said

@Kevin,

I play STO, and in my opinion, things have improved greatly. There is some way to go yet, but I think Cryptic is on the right path especially with the new Ep DStahl. I think alot of the negative is coming from people that haven't logged on in a long time. Is it everything I want yet? No. But it's on the way there.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 4:17AM mysecretid said

Agreed. Star Trek Online still has a ways to go, but it's gotten noticeably better.

The STO dev team (which works separately from the other Cryptic dev teams) is constantly adding new features and content, while removing old problems.

To put it simply, they seem pretty motivated to expand and improve this game.

As mwilliams says, a lot of the people who rage here about STO either just hate the game on principle (meaning that no amount of improvement would ever change their opinions), or else they're referencing old elements and problems which no longer exist in the game.

As above, the STO dev team has been pretty constant in their efforts to fix problems and improve the game. Things change fairly regularly.

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 6:42PM Teh Jer said

Chase Masterson did a fantastic job on the voiceover work for Leeta, very nice. Dabo is just a slot machine. I won 100k on a spin, yay. The anomaly minigame turned out decent too, though I'd prefer it completely replaced the scanning........ time sink. Small touches like these are welcome as long as the game keeps getting better.

Posted: Aug 28th 2010 4:28AM mysecretid said

Regarding the scanning minigame -- if you're having trouble doing it successfully, use the arrow keys on your keyboard instead of the mouse. It's much faster this way, so your chances of matching the pattern in the available time go up significantly.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM