Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 6:27PM (Unverified) said

The fact that this was overlooked for so long, and not turned off when they did they turned off ghost training is a great example of how out of touch CCP with their game.

Posted: Aug 26th 2010 9:08AM (Unverified) said

So... They don't fix something and people whine and complain. Then when they do fix something, people whine and complain about that too. wtf?

If I were a game company, I wouldn't listen to people like that either.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 8:41PM superiorbeing said

Well the general forum agreement was that removing ghost research would bring datacore prices to skyrocket so CCP left if alone. It wasnt until the CSM thought it was an "issue" that they want it changed.
All this seems to be a long streak in nerfing t2 prices with PI, the POS exploit, and now this

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 11:39PM digitalat0m said

I guess it's good they're fixing this.. I can't imagine it being a HUGE source of passive income.. Personally I'd rather see them do other things, but this is probably a real quick fix ( probably a single if statement in the code ).

Posted: Aug 24th 2010 3:01AM Lamthara said

This is a bug fixing more than a cut to the passive income.

i can't see the reason they haven't fixed it before to make it work just like the skill system. It's interesting to see that freezed accounts couldn't skill anything but they could gain datacores à go-go.

Posted: Aug 24th 2010 12:09PM (Unverified) said

Last time I logged in to my expired account (after about a year off) the datacores I got from my 4 research agents weren't worth very much, so, *yawn*

Posted: Sep 16th 2010 8:58AM (Unverified) said

In my case the data cores were fairly expensive ones like mechanical engineering, and netted me about 750m for eight months worth of afk datacores. That's hardly big money by EvE standards.