Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 1:32PM kjhasdfjkhk said

This game blew me away. I was expecting it to look good, but I didn't think it would look THAT good. And the best part is, no monthly fees, so they actually have a good chance at competing with The Old Republic, as I'm sure a lot of people will buy the game, regardless of how long they stay with it. I wish they would release some new classes but I guess some are changed enough that they feel new, like the warrior with a gun (which I am very tempted to play, and I normally hate warriors). Keep it coming, game looks great. Hopefully it lives up to everything that's being said about it.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:30PM ravenstorm said

Seems like GW2 has some of the same design goals as SWTOR, what with the emphasis on personal story, voiceover content, etc, but it sounds like GW2 is taking it one step further with dynamic events and such. SWTOR will get lots of subs because, well, it's Star Wars and it's Bioware. It'll be a great game, no doubt. But right now GW2 looks like the more exciting and innovative game to me. Plus: fantastic graphics, F2P, and the way they're mixing up the traditional combat roles — yeah, it should be a very competitive title indeed.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 1:49PM (Unverified) said

Okay so you wasnt there, fair is fair, that was pretty far away, I however live in denmark, I did not have work these days. I am totally kicking myself for not being there, I watched the live stream and it looks absolutly fantastic., god I can't wait.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 1:53PM (Unverified) said

As you mentioned octopus Rubi, could it be: Octopus - the next GW2 water based ranger pet to be revealed?

shark = awesome

octopus = more awesomeness

dolphin = cute, zap things with magic enhanced echolocation

tadpole/frog = combo water / land pet that would probably be pretty worthless, too squishy

manta ray = variation on the shark pet?

school of piranha = jar of bees?

errr, okay, got a bit carried away there, back to reality...

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:43PM Minofan said

There are only 2 families of aquatic pets, but as well as sharks you'll be able to tame... JELLYFISH!

I don't see how jellyfish pets can possibly fail. ^_^

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:37PM Ocho said

Rock on. GW will heartily compete with SWTOR as well as every other MMO out there. Dang you GW2 for stealing my next few years. Despite knowing it will consume all my time, probably to an unhealthy level, I honestly can't wait.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 5:14PM Anulla said

I was a bit disappointed with Guild Wars. I felt the world was a bit static and sterile, even though I loved the art direction. I just didn't enjoy the gameplay that much. However, GW2 not only looks great, it seems genuinely fun. The elementalist class looks like fun. I may just have to give this one a try. And I believe your toon can finally jump in this game.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 5:19PM Yoh said

Don't fault yourself Rubi, your doing an excellent job keeping up with the news and keeping us informed.

And who didn't see the necro coming?

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 9:35PM twittles said

when i first saw gw2 i was like eh gw didnt grab me so why should i care about this one? then i saw the dev video , and the thing that really grabbed me is how excited and pasionate the people making it are. that aspect is something you dont see shown so honestly.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 10:10PM alinos said

Why must they tease us so?

I don't wanna wait anymore and that feelings only gonna get worse over at least the next 6 months(i'm thinking midway next year)

Posted: Aug 25th 2010 7:17AM (Unverified) said

"On a side note, I'd love to know how many t-shirts and other goodies got thrown to the crowd last week"

Over 8000 t-shirts I believe (: