Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 1:57PM Its Utakata stupid said

Oh dear...

...somehow this announcement inspires me to develop this motivational poster blurb:

"Realtime Worlds: Maybe it shouldn't have happened to them. But with some other gaming companies, it most should of."

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 1:59PM Lateris said

I hate to sat this but will this be another cookie cutter with their Zoned based engine?

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 4:44PM (Unverified) said

YES yes and YES!!!
Neverwinter MMO!!
Bout time someone came along and rivaled DDO:U
Time for NW:O :)

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:30PM dudes said

warning bells started ringing when they said it wasn't an MMO.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:49PM (Unverified) said

Cryptic is terrible. I would go on an SoE product shopping spree before I gave Cryptic another cent.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:45PM Anatidae said

I wonder what the Cryptic team thinks about all this hate.

Well, I guess this game won't be an MMO anyway. I assume it will be an attempt at something like Dragon's Age with more co-op play built in. Or... well... past Neverwinter games with an increased focus on co-op play.

Thanks for the news Massively. Guess we can ignore this game from now on since it is neither massive nor persistent. I am fine with it, I've lost all faith in Cryptic. Fun super hero creator - painfully dull game after a month of gameplay though.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 2:54PM (Unverified) said

Craptic doing Neverwinter? Oo
Guess it will be Neverplayer for me...

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 4:22PM jimr9999us said

Wow...Sounds more like Gauntlet than D&D.

This announcement reminds me of the latest Grinch remake. Take a beloved ip with a passionate fan base who grew up on the lore and then add Jim Carey.

Except that relative to Cryptic, Jim Carey is Sir Alec.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 3:18PM suntyl said

• 1 heart
Am I the only one that actually likes CO?

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 4:05PM (Unverified) said

Posted: Aug 24th 2010 2:00AM madbassman39 said

• 1 heart
I like it too, What I don't like is that because you like a game the community here has decided to grey out your text, because you like something here, and the jackass who posted below gets a higher rating when he is just being a jackass. I think the community here is one of the worst online which is a shame because the writers put a lot of hard work here and try to get everybody involved without excluding anyone.

Posted: Aug 24th 2010 6:54AM niakori said

Nick, visit mmorpg.com forums and reconsider your "worst community" stance. PS All aol sites use the rating system. I'd rather have people get greyed (and wow I can still read them) than wallow in the "community" there.

Posted: Aug 24th 2010 9:51AM UnSub said

I like ChampO and didn't mind STO (but not enough to buy it at launch). Cryptic have made a number of mistakes, but I have seen their titles improve across alpha / beta and post-launch.

However, I'm also happy with a casual MMO experience.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 3:20PM (Unverified) said

The entirety of gaming would have to rise up and tell me that this game was amazing before I'd even consider buying it.

I actually feel bad for the rank and file folks at Cryptic. It must suck to work for a company with such a horrible reputation.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 3:22PM ChromeBallz said

So we get another reskin of CO, only with less players per instance.

Also, we have to pay a subscription for a game where we have to make our own content.

The original NWN could do a hell of a lot more, was moddable, could hold more players per instance and would allow you to be a GM.

Why in the name of all that's holy would anyone be so catastrophically stupid to buy into this crap?

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 3:26PM Natasha said

To quote Hemtroll:

"I've said this before but I'll say it again, all this talk of NWN and Atari/Cryptic hurts my heart. If I hear any kind of official confirmation regarding this I'm going to eat a puppy."

Well...? lol

Posted: Aug 24th 2010 1:29AM Vundal said

Oh ffs another mmo to die at the gnareld hand of cryptic ?! god damnit people need to learn

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 8:04PM Donau said

We are going to get nickeled and dimed for everything, classes, races, quest packs. You heard it hear, and you all know its going to be true.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 4:07PM CCon99 said

Who wants to bet this garbage of a game comes out in early 2011, to try and beat the SWTOR and GW2 storms.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 4:26PM (Unverified) said

I am very sad this IP went to such (my opinion only) a money grubbing piss-poor game maker.

grr.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM