Posted: Aug 21st 2010 10:17AM (Unverified) said

I downloaded EQ2 Extended, played for 5 minutes and uninstalled, realizing the graphics are terrible. Yes, I had it set on the highest quality, and yes they are still terrible. I wanted to be able to enjoy it, but it won't happen, sadly.

I'll be playing my dual EVE accounts, and maybe fiddling with my Deathknight in wow, which I've only created because my daughter recently started playing again on my old account. Still, wow feels like the same grind I left it, and the only aspect I really enjoy is when I'm actually fighting something. The rest feels very much like a chore.

I want to play RoM but a busy schedule will most likely not permit me to spend any time there.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 12:32PM Clinton O said

I did the exact same thing as you when it came to Ever Quest 2, i didnt know the graphics could be that horrible

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 10:25AM AlamoeJones said

I'll probably give EQ2 Extended a try before moving into my new apartment which, as of right now, doesn't have internet :(

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 10:30AM Monkey D Luffy said

I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV Beta. Hiding in the bushes waiting for a rat to spawn.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 10:44AM Higurashi said

I'm now looking for another secondary MMO. I was playing Cabal Online on the side, but I stopped after 31 levels. Okay game, but it's just so damn boring after a while. Cabal is quite possibly the smallest MMO I have ever played.

I just downloaded Global Agenda from Steam last night and I plan on giving that a run this weekend.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 10:55AM dustindeckard said

I just bought two 60-day gamecards for LoTRO, so I've got 4 months of sub (or "VIP" when it goes F2P) on my account and can't wait to tackle some more of the epic story today. FInally hit lvl 20 yesterday and am loving everything about the game.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 11:04AM Jeromai said

This weekend it's crazy MMOing. As the new shiny, City of Heroes: Going Rogue has to be played. The Guild Wars 2 hype has gotten me back on the GW bandwagon and am working my way through the Nightfall campaign slowly. A Tale in the Desert Tale 5 is showing no signs of stopping either as new metal-related technologies are getting researched every 6-12 hours and there's lots of catching up to do.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 11:20AM Joshua Przygocki said

Playing around with Bloodline Champions, loving the Psychopomp bloodline.
Also a little EVE, corp's having mining ops this weekend.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 11:54AM VioletArrows said

I got nothin'. XP Just burnt out still, but haven't found anything to replace it.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 12:16PM (Unverified) said

@ Sera

I hope you at least include a blurb about how Mortal Online STILL has not sent out working DVDs to those of us that were tricked into buying the boxed copy of the game. They sent out non-working ones in January (6 months before launch) but promies new ones would be sent out at launch. Well.. It's almost 3 months AFTER launch and they still haven't sent them anbd ignore all questions on the matter on their site. Maybe some attention from a MMO site like this will get them moving on actually delivering the product they sold us. I don't even play the game as I quit after the first week of launch (it was that bad) but it's the point of the matter that I paid for something and they never sent it!

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 12:47PM Theeinferno said

Well, I'll be playing some LOTRO, and trying to get this FFXIV client to work without getting the blue screen of death. I hope SE doesn't release a game with so many problems.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 2:16PM Egobrane said

FFXIV/League of Legends

LoL is one addicting game you know.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 2:51PM Shadanwolf said

Same as some others.Downloaded EQ2x ....stayed on less than a minute and deleted the game. Don't waste you time on this.Net net..I'm looking for a game to play..and not finding it.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 3:14PM Mirin said

Destroying fleets of Black Sun Pirates in my shiny new Kihraxz Light fighter in SWG

Also probably more Wizard 101 with my 6 year old. =)

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 8:42AM (Unverified) said

Downloaded EQ2 Extended and am absolutely hooked. I bet the people who set the graphics to high didn't tweak all the other settings, since just choosing settings as Ultra High in the graphics menu barely changes anything. Putting texture resolution at the highest automatically makes the graphics better than most of the mmos currently out.

The art style however is certainly a personal taste matter, and I can understand people not liking it. However, the graphics certainly aren't terrible.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 7:53PM Pingles said

Posting from a wedding reception ( not mine). When I get home it'll be Zentia. Open Beta is going great.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 9:12PM jaffrojones said

Just got back into Ryzom. Has to be one of the most intelligent and fun crafting systems around. The game actually makes you think, which is different from every other MMO out there.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 11:01PM Higurashi said

Is Everquest 2 really that bad? Seems there are a lot of people dogging it. Anyone care to elaborate on what's so bad about it? Aside from the dated graphics. (I'm asking out of curiosity)

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 12:34AM VioletArrows said

The f2p version that just opened up is not really living up to the f2p label. Seems that almost everything is locked from the get-go and there are constant pop-up ads to buy things, which is really really annoying. There was a launch post here either yesterday or Thursday, head over to that post.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 10:03AM Ocho said

I spent the past weekend trying out the EQ2X open beta. Being an MMO vet, though, I liked it. The graphics are dated, yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad game (as WoW proves). I paid for a silver membership, so my gameplay isn't as restricted as a free players is, and $10 for a game I'll be able to play for a long time (and even if I don't, $10 still isn't that bad for a game I only play for a month or so)... not bad. I won't hit any of the stuff that would require a gold membership for a long time hopefully.

I did get kicked off the servers a few times, but that could be because my dsl line got overloaded with it trying to download the 12 gb game in the background while I was playing and might not have been the servers fault.

The advertisements, though there, were NOT obtrusive. There is a main screen that pops up at the beginning, showing forum posts, and different "on sale" shop items, etc. Then, after a few minutes of play there is a pop-up box that says "Hey, get gold now!", just click later. Then, for the rest of the time you play there aren't any ads. When you log-off, it then opens an internet browser to the EQ2 upgrade page. The only annoying one is the pop-up in game after a few minutes of play, but that only occurs once, so its not bad.

If I can get my internet working correctly again, I'll probably play this as well as work my way through the Prophecies story in GW1 and keep reading GW: Ghosts of Ascalon.

(I realized I do MMO maybe a little too much... installed on my hd now are WoW, Fallen Earth, STO, DDO, LotRO, GW, and now EQ2...)